Cream of Cauliflower and Roasted Garlic Soup

In my last post on how to roast garlic, I hinted about soup. Well, I rather casually mentioned soup among other dishes, but my goal, really, was to get you to think of soup, think of roasted garlic, then think of the two together. It was sort of a trial balloon to see how well you would react to that match. You, excellent readers with excellent taste, quickly caught on what a great match that would be, and many of you even commented that you were planning to make soup with roasted garlic. Thank goodness for smart readers.

So, here it is, my friends. A great soup with cauliflower and roasted garlic, very creamy, very delicious. Do give it a try.

Happy weekend!

Pin It

CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE

Yield: 4 servings

Prep Time: 5 min

Cook Time: 25 min

This soup is thick and creamy even though it only uses half a cup of half and half. It is very satisfying and makes a great dinner or lunch rather than a starter. It tastes better the next day and is great warm as well as cold.

If you don't already have roasted garlic, start by roasting garlic before proceeding to making the soup so that they're ready around the same time.

Ingredients:

32 ounces good chicken stock
Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
6 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
1 head cauliflower, and broken up into small florets (core and green parts removed)

1 small roasted garlic head
½ cup half and half

Directions:

Place the chicken stock, salt, pepper, parsley and cauliflower in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid and cook until the cauliflower is tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Discard the parsley. Remove from the heat.

Add the roasted garlic cloves and blend using a stick or container blender until completely smooth.

Stir in the half and half.

10 Responses to “Cream of Cauliflower and Roasted Garlic Soup”

Jenn's ice cream — 01/14/2012 @ 1:26 am

Great recipe! Soup looks delicious. A nice white color is tempting.

Nisrine — 01/14/2012 @ 11:59 am

Yes..there is something appealing about a white soup. Not many soups are white.

Bria @ West of Persia — 01/14/2012 @ 2:43 pm

I’m totally making this this weekend. So simple, elegant, and I’m sure very flavorful.

Gaz — 01/15/2012 @ 11:10 am

Hi Nisrine,
    I’d like to give this soup a try. I’m not too sure what ‘half and half’ means though. After some research it seems that it’s ‘one part cream and one part milk’. Is that right? Thanks!

Nisrine — 01/15/2012 @ 1:04 pm

Bria– it is exactly as you described it. Happy New Year!

Gaz– that is right. You could use cream instead.

Nuts about food — 01/16/2012 @ 4:38 am

I just posted my soup too, loved your roasted garlic photos and this soup sounds lovely. I adore cauliflower.

Jamie — 01/16/2012 @ 5:29 am

The soup looks glorious and the addition of roasted garlic is magic! So simple, flavorful and elegant.

ps. Gaz – in France when a recipe calls for half-and-half I use light cream.

Barbara — 01/16/2012 @ 7:47 am

Such a simple recipe resulting in great flavors, Nisrine. Roasted garlic is delicious!

Kati Mora, MS, RD, Kellogg's FiberPlus(R) Wellness Advocate — 01/16/2012 @ 3:10 pm

Another great soup recipe! And this time you’ve incorporate cauliflower – another one my favorite fiber-rich veggies. Yum!

Eliana — 01/26/2012 @ 1:52 pm

I love a good creamy soup this time of year and this one has comfort and delicious written all over it.