Summer Salads

I’d been waking up to a lovely breeze every morning here in Marrakesh. Sure the breeze didn’t last all day but it did faithfully come back to accompany me through the night.

Much to my delight!

I hoped it would last. Alas, it didn’t.

After a brief family reunion in Rabat, I came back to sandstorms and debilitating heat. I checked my calendar; it was officially summer here in Marrakesh, Morocco, Africa.

Surely, that was to be expected.

Surely, surely, all I want to eat is salad.

Kale Tabbouleh

Micro-Chopped Cobb Salad with Lemon-Harissa Dressing

Shepherd’s Salad

Grilled Cardamom Maple-Glazed Watermelon Salad with Feta and Oregano

Shrimp and Mango Salad with Tahini Dressing

Moroccan Carrot Salad

Moroccan Citrus Salad

Moroccan Lentil Salad

Other refreshing summer salads.

8 Responses to “Summer Salads”

Tatjana — 06/24/2012 @ 9:55 pm

Oh boy did I need this post! I never thought of using harissa in dressing. I am also now craving Fattoush!I think I will make one of these every night this week. Please have a safe journey home after enjoying a marvelous holiday. Cheers!

Nisrine — 06/25/2012 @ 6:00 am

Tatjana – thank you so much for the kind comment. I hope you enjoy the harissa dressing. It’s quite unique.

Oriane — 06/25/2012 @ 7:20 am

Bonjour Nisrine,
    The salads look so refreching and perfect for a hot climate.
    I trust you had a great visit with your family.
    Those sand storms are not fun, we have them here in Arizona. It’s 109 degrees right now, and I’m in no mood to cook hot meals, salads are ideal.
    Happy travels!

Judee @ Gluten Free A-Z — 06/25/2012 @ 2:24 pm

This is my first time on your site. ( found you by a recipe on PInterest)
    I am blown away by the recipes and photos..
    Can’t wait to see more.

Eha — 06/25/2012 @ 6:16 pm

Well, these salads look attractive and moreish even in the middle of the rather cold Australian winter: the Moroccan carrot salad first, methinks – has always been a favourite of mine! Enjoy yourself, Nisrine :) !

Trix — 06/26/2012 @ 5:38 am

After looking at this, all I want to eat are your salads as well!!

Sues — 06/26/2012 @ 7:26 am

I need to go on a salad diet ASAP after my honeymoon. But “diet” sounds like such a bad word and eating these salads all the time would be like heaven. I have to make that Kale Tabbouleh!

Valerie — 06/28/2012 @ 8:42 am

Where, oh where, did you find kale at this time of year in Morocco? I’ve only ever seen it in the winter and only last winter at that.