The Gardens of La Mamounia

After breakfast, I set off for a long walk in the gardens. It was eight in the morning and the weather was still light and cool. The air had a ravishing smell that was a mix of jasmine, oleander and rose. The gardens were quiet except for the birds chirping and the gardeners tending to their plants and whispering a brief bonjour at the passage.

Ah, the gardens of La Mamounia, an oasis in the desert, a little piece of paradise.

Enchanting was my two-hour long stroll.

There were fruit trees.

There was a cactus garden.

And a rose garden.

There was an herb garden. There were lily pads, papyrus, bamboo, hibiscus…

There were fountains punctuating every corner , trickling soft, peaceful melodies of water.

And there were courtyards in the shade to sit, refresh with a drink and admire the beauty all around.

The 20-acre garden of La Mamounia was designed by the talented French architect Jacques Garcia. Garcia also led the three-year renovation of the entire hotel. At its reopening in 2009, Garcia said: “It’s a very rare balance…There are only three golden rules about a palace of this standing: Elegance, elegance, and elegance.”

11 Responses to “The Gardens of La Mamounia”

Ricardo Jarquin — 07/12/2012 @ 7:12 pm

Beautiful pictures…

Jukka — 07/13/2012 @ 2:15 am

lovely place

Oriane — 07/13/2012 @ 6:25 am

Order, Grace, Elegance!!!! What a garden! I can only imagine the beautiful fragrances, the tiles are a work of art, the plaster work (I’m sure there is a name for it) is sublime. All my favorites things!!!!
    It is a feast to the eyes, and as always, you take the best photographs
    I can’t stop scrolling up and down, can’t get enough of the beauty :)
    Thank you for sharing.

Christine — 07/13/2012 @ 7:57 am

Simply beautiful! I want to go!

Thanks for sharing Nisrine.

Jeannene Diaz — 07/13/2012 @ 1:46 pm

My husband has been working in the jungles of Peru for more than 2 months and will be home this weekend & has asked for me to make Lentils, black beans, good salad, some of the food he did not get in the camp where he has been working, Your Lentil salad may just hit the mark. We are trying to eat healthy, not always so easy but you are on the right track. Besides the food your photos are outstanding! The beautiful dishes, linens, utensils make this blog the best ever. I can’t wait to show him the pictures of La Mamounia. I am hoping that I can convince him to take a trip to that part of the world…

Nisrine — 07/13/2012 @ 5:02 pm

Oriane, I’m glad you enjoyed this post! :)

Nisrine — 07/13/2012 @ 5:03 pm

Jeannene, I hope you like the salads and wish you a wonderful time with your husband this weekend!

Eha — 07/13/2012 @ 8:30 pm

Perhaps I have not taken two hours to walk the walk with you, but I have slowly scrolled back and forth with enjoyment and in peace. How very stylish and elegant indeed: both the beautiful multifaceted gardens and the incredible mosaics. And found the seats where one of the first overt photos of the bub were taken . . . and had to smile . . . he/she will too one day :) !

Nisrine — 07/15/2012 @ 10:05 am

Eha, the mosaics are so pretty to look at. The colors and patterns go so well with the garden.

rebecca — 07/15/2012 @ 1:48 pm

wow what a great place just read back and congrats on the baby so happy for you is it your first? great to have a big trip now he he love it

Nisrine — 07/16/2012 @ 8:41 am

Thanks, Rebecca. It’s my second. :)