Rosemary Strawberry Lemonade

I was never interested in gardening until recently. I am now obsessed with it. I’ve planted basil, rosemary, thyme, mint, dill, tomatoes, scallions, strawberries and a lemon tree. My garden keeps on expanding, and I’ve already developed a few gardening rituals: biweekly weeding, every other day watering, and of course, daily talking and TLC.

I can’t wait to be able to make lemonade from homegrown lemons but my lemon tree is still in the baby stage. The herbs, however, are already thriving. The mint has expanded from a few tiny sprigs to a bushy shrub that almost fills an entire extra large pot. The rosemary and basil are so fragrant, I can’t pass by without stopping to take a whiff.

I snipped a few sprigs of rosemary to make lemonade. The rosemary flavor was gorgeous but subtle enough that it left room for the strawberries to shine. It was so refreshing.

ROSEMARY STRAWBERRY LEMONADE

Yield: 1 SERVING

Total Time: 5 MIN

Ingredients:

1 cup water
Leaves from two rosemary sprigs
2 large strawberries, hulled
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tablespoon agave syrup (or more, to taste)
Ice cubes
Rosemary sprig, for garnish (optional)

Directions:

Blend the water with the rosemary leaves and strawberries until smooth. Pass through a strainer. Discard the solids. Stir in the lemon juice and agave syrup. Pour into the serving glass over lots of ice cubes. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.

10 Responses to “Rosemary Strawberry Lemonade”

Andi Houston — 04/30/2013 @ 9:43 am

I would never have thought of combining strawberries with rosemary, but my rosemary bushes are thriving and it’s peak strawberry season here in Gainesville- I think I’ll try this recipe this weekend!

Eha — 05/01/2013 @ 8:08 pm

What an interesting recipe: nearly bypassed it cause’ lemonade normally is not quite ‘my thing’. But this, with strawberries and rosemary combined surely has aroused interest and shall try soonest :) ~

Lail | With A Spin — 05/02/2013 @ 1:15 am

I would have to agree with Andi on the pairing and I think it’s a great flavor pairing to try.

Emily — 05/02/2013 @ 2:37 am

I’ve never thought of combining these ingredients either. Can’t wait to try it out. Have you had strawberries and basil? I tried them with champagne recently and it was delicious.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — 05/02/2013 @ 4:16 pm

Love our tiny herb garden. I hope we get to more gardening in the future. It’s tough to abandon whenever we travel.

I’m so thirsty just looking at the photos :)

Colleen Keyes — 05/06/2013 @ 2:22 am

I hope by now, that the five of you have tried it! It is refreshing, surprising in its flavour and absolutely delicious! I will be drinking a lot of it this summer!!

Nisrine — 05/06/2013 @ 7:01 am

Thank you for the feedback, Colleen. Glad to know you enjoyed it.

Dana — 05/06/2013 @ 5:45 pm

Mmm, I love rosemary in a lemonade! I’m going to have to try out the strawberry, but I’ll leave you with a suggestion too: rosemary and rhubarb lemonade. So delicious and tangy!

• Nisrine replied: — May 6th, 2013 @ 6:30 pm

Sounds delightful. I’ll have to pick up some rhubarb soon.

Virginia Urbach — 05/16/2013 @ 1:07 pm

I have acquired a taste for rosemary in certain dishes but in your recipe it sounds refreshing. If one cannot find agave, is there a substitute?