With so many options in the market, it can be difficult to find the best apple peeler and corer for you. The process of choosing a partner can be overwhelming, but we got you.
To make finding THE one a piece of cake, we’ve handpicked for you the creme de la creme of apple peelers in the market based on their features and performance.
The Best Apple Peelers on the Market
#1: KitchenAid KSM1APC 5-Blade Spiralizer with Peel, Core, and Slice
- Spiralizing Blades - Medium and Fine; Slicing Blades - Slicing (Large Core) and Slicing (Small Core); Peeling Blade
- On your stand mixer and uses the power of the motor to operate the spiralizer attachment
- Premium metal construction provides durable long lasting performance, and when attached to the stand mixer, provides stability and ease of use
- Packed and organized inside its own storage case, designed for easy access and simple storage
An apple peeling powerhouse that has the capacity to work on apples of all sizes, the KitchenAid KSM1APC 5-Blade Spiralizer with Peel, Core, and Slice is a diverse kitchen gadget that can work on different fruits and vegetables such as peas and potatoes.
Designed for easy storage and access, this kitchen wizard is packed and organized in its own case.
Made with premium metal construction, this apple peeler and corer guarantees great durability and long-lasting performance. It also has four different blades that can cut your apples in nine different ways, so you can impress your dinner party with your fancy fruit and veggie cuts.
Plus, it’s dishwasher-safe so cleaning this apple peeler is also an effortless endeavor.
On the contrary, one would need a KitchenAid stand to peel apples with this particular product. Disassembling the entire thing can also take some time and effort.
However, if you take into account all the benefits you can gain from this gadget, it’s still a great kitchen investment you should consider.
#2: PL8 Apple Peeler Machine PL8 1240
If your priorities in an apple peeler are a modern design and compact storage ability, then the PL8 Apple Peeler Machine PL8 1240 might be the best apple peeler for you personally.
This apple machine has a unique tilted ergonomic base and silicone-wrapped feet that give it some stability so there’s no need for a clumping base or a suction cup.
This apple peeler is foldable so it’s easy to store, making it optimal even for small kitchens or storage spaces. The best part is that it’s so easy to use that even neophytes in the kitchen can use this apple peeler like a pro.
It should be noted, however, that there are claims that this gadget can be difficult to clean afterward.
Given the product’s performance and how much space it saves in the kitchen, one should still keep this on their apple peeler shopping radar.
#3: Starfrit SRFT93013E
- Fast and easy to use - Peels apples effortlessly without making a mess
- No waste - Peels the skin off the apple, not the fruit
- Spring loaded arm adapts to various shapes and varieties of apples
- Includes bonus corer slicer to serve sliced apples or prepare apple pies
- Equipped with suction-grip feet for added stability
The Starfrit SRFT93013E’s unique transparent housing might be the first thing that would capture your attention, but this apple peeler is made to peel apples (and even pears) in a matter of a few seconds and easily without making a mess.
Equipped with a suction-grip for added stability and durability, this gadget is also very easy to clean.
What’s great about this kitchen tool is that it has a spring-loaded arm that adapts to different apple sizes.
It also comes with two blades, and a couple of recipe booklets so newbies would have ideas on what apple dishes to prepare or try out for future dinner parties.
Plus, this handy apple peeler even has a free apple corer for you to serve apple slices or for making apple pies.
On the flip side, the replacement blade for this kitchen contraption is quite expensive and hard to procure. Considering the benefits one stands to gain with this handy product, the search for spare parts will have been worth it.
#4: OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
- Swiveling twin blades with flexible action easily peel potatoes, apples and other tough skinned fruits and vegetables
- Soft, oversized handle designed for repetitive strokes
- Comfortable non slip grip, even when wet
- Built in potato eye remover
- Large hole in handle for easy storage
If affordability and versatility are on the top of your priorities, then the OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler should definitely be on your list.
This best-rated apple peeler is designed to peel apples as well as other fruits and vegetables swiftly with its flexible, swiveling twin blades.
Plus, it is equipped with a soft oversized handle to make repeated strokes a breeze, and a non-slip grip so you can use it even while it is wet.
Easy to store with the large hole in its handle, this product is dishwasher-safe so it’s also easy to clean. This special gadget even has a built-in potato eye remover, making it a total bang for your buck.
To add to these, its maker, OXO, is committed to contributing 1% of its annual sales to environmental nonprofits, so buying this product will also benefit the environment.
The thing about this apple peeler though is that the large and thick handle can take a while to get used to. It may not also be ideal for peeling apples of large volumes.
If you’re looking to cook for a small dinner party only, this kitchen tool might be the ideal partner for you.
#5: Spiralizer SP-AP
- Made To Last - Forged From Ultra-Strong Die Cast Magnesium, not brittle steel for greater stability and strength
- The Highest Quality - Rust-proof Chrome Plated Winding Rod and 3 prong extension with safety cap. Stainless Steel Blades and Chrome Plated Parts and Poly Handle
- Easy To Use - Powerful Rubber Vacuum Base holds onto tabletop for tremendous stability. Excellent peeler for seniors and those with arthritis
- Versatile - Slices, Cores and Peels Tomatoes, Fruits, Apples and Potatoes. Easy to Wash and Clean Fruit Knife
- Live Friendly Customer Support & Lifetime Warranty - All of our Spiralizer products are backed by real live Customer Support. Our friendly team in Cheyenne is here for whatever you need. You are also covered by our Spiralizer lifetime no-hassle replacement policy.
If you’re the type to peel a lot of apples regularly, then the Spiralizer SP-AP will be ideal for you. This kitchen tool is forged with ultra-strong die-cast magnesium for optimum stability and strength.
It is also made with the best quality materials in the market such as stainless steel blades, chrome-plated Parts, and a poly handle.
Not only is this apple peeler simple to use, but it is also multipurpose as it has the power to slice, core, and peel different kinds of fruits and vegetables.
It’s also very easy to clean. Plus, procurement of this product has a lifetime warranty so you can have your apple peeler replaced in case of any possible issue.
Some claim that this apple peeler is not the best choice for larger apples, and its suction base does not work well on certain surfaces like wood.
Given the mass of apples one can peel with this product, these setbacks are definitely worth the trouble.
#6: Johnny Apple Peeler
- Cast iron: heavy, sturdy enamel-coated cast iron body for superior performance and durability versus low-cost light aluminum or steel copycat peelers
- Stable in use: clamp base attaches firmly to countertops and tables from 1/2 inch to 1 - 1/2 inches thick
- 5 year : comprehensive covers all parts, even the replacement of the stainless steel coring/slicing blade and the adjustable peeling blade
- Stainless steel blades: performance of the sharp cutting edges of the high quality stainless steel blades is warranted for 5 full years
- 3-Way operation: Choose to peel, or core and slice, or peel, core and slice at the same time
Made with cast iron to ensure superior performance and durability, the Johnny Apple Peeler is a strong contender for long-lasting apple peelers.
Armed with a versatile 3-way operation, you can peel, core, and slice apples all at the same time with this handy product. Plus, its peeling blade can be adjusted so you can choose the amount of peel you want to remove from your apples.
Fortifying its status as a formidable apple peeler, this kitchen gadget comes with some sharp and high-quality blades, which can last you a long time. It even has a stable clamp base that ensures its stability on your kitchen counter.
To add to these, this product has a five-year warranty that even covers the replacement of its stainless steel coring blade and the adjustable peeling blade, making it a total win.
However, adjustment of its peeling blade can be a bit difficult. It would take a lot of patience to get it right. Considering the product’s versatility and quality, this setback can easily be overlooked.
#7: Kitchen Basics Professional Grade Apple Peeler
- Simple and safe-to-use tool; peels, cores spiralizes and slices apples, potatoes and pears in no time
- Made with strong washable metal; Features high precision stainless steel blades and strong suction base
- Perfect for apple pies, desserts, dried apple snacks and everyday kitchen use: Turn apples into spiral rings that kids love to eat
- Heavy duty professional grade; Guaranteed to provide years of trouble-free use
- Dimensions: 7.5" H x 12.5" L : Hand wash only
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty apple peeler that’s fit for a master chef, then the Kitchen Basics Professional Grade Apple Peeler might just be the perfect match for you.
This highly durable and sturdy kitchen tool has a strong metal body and is equipped with high-performance stainless steel blades for maximum apple peeling precision.
What’s great about this apple peeler is that it’s simple and safe to use, meaning you can peel, core, and slice apples as well as potatoes and pears in a short amount of time.
You can easily clean this kitchen contraption by hand, and it’s guaranteed to last in your kitchen for a long time.
There are claims that this apple peeler’s blades dull quite easily, and its suction cup doesn’t provide maximum stability. Given its performance and precision, this apple peeler is still worth the investment.
#8: Purelite Cast Iron Apple Peeler
- MADE TO LAST - Forged From Heavy Weight Cast Iron Metal, not lightweight Aluminum for greater stability and strength.
- QUALITY PARTS - Chrome Plated Winding Rod and 3 prong extension with safety cap. Stainless Steel Blades and Chrome Plated Parts. Wooden Handle.
- CONVENIENT - Powerful Rubber Vacuum Base holds onto tabletop for tremendous stability. Excellent peeler for seniors and those with arthritis.
- VERSATILE - Slices, Cores and Peels Apples and Potatoes. Easy to Wash and Clean.
- GUARANTEED - One Year Money Back Guarantee. We stand behind our product 100%. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, simply return it for a full refund.
A great combination of quality and versatility, the Purelite Cast Iron Apple Peeler is made of highly durable and heavy-duty cast iron and comes with a powerful rubber vacuum base.
This apple peeler can core and slice apples, as well as other fruits and vegetables, making it a handy tool in the kitchen.
With its stainless steel blades, this product is made to last in the kitchen for a very long period of time. Plus, cleaning this tool takes only a few minutes, saving you a lot of time to do other things.
If you’re not satisfied with its performance, you even have the option of a product replacement or a full refund.
To be transparent, however, some claim that this product slices apples a little too thick, and its suction cup doesn’t have a stronghold as well.
Given this apple peeler’s ease of use, longevity, and quality, this is still a strong contender for a great apple peeling partner.
#9: TopChances Electric Automatic Rotating Apple Peeler
- Electric peeler quick peel pare potato vegetable fruit. It takes the fast and efficient design of your favorite kitchen tool and speeds it up.
- Fruit peeling machine, electric potato and apple peeler, multifunctional automatic kitchen small household appliances. powered by 4 AA batteries.
- Three blades,one mounted on the machine, the other two in the bottom of the base.This item doesn't include the power adapter.
- The Robotized arm adjusts to every thickness, shape and textures .Suitable cut 2cm --- 14cm diameter height 5cm --- 15cm in fruits and vegetables, and cut out the skin about 1 mm. Such as potatoes, sweet potatoes (need to clean), apples, pears (head and tail cut less than 2-3 cm), oranges, persimmon, mango, kiwi, cucumber, radish, and some other smooth leather hard fruits and vegetables .
If you’re looking for something unique, then the Topchances Electric Automatic Rotating Apple Peeler with its contemporary design might just be the perfect apple peeler for you.
Powered by 4 AA batteries, this apple peeler is made to effortlessly peel apples or other fruits and vegetables in a nick of time.
This product is incredibly helpful as it’s convenient to use, and it also takes little effort to clean. It has an automatic-off function so you don’t have to worry about over peeling your apples.
With its small size, it’s very easy to store, making it a great choice for those with a small kitchen space.
Although it can be used to peel different fruits and vegetables, this apple peeler doesn’t have the ability to core and slice unlike most multipurpose gadgets in this list.
This shouldn’t be a total deal breaker if you’re looking to solely peel your apples and other fruits and vegetables though.
#10: Farberware Apple Peeler, Slicer, and Corer
- GET YOUR FILLING EASILY: The Farberware Apple Peeler, Slicer, and Corer is perfect for preparing apples for pies, tarts, salads, and canning.
- EFFORTLESS PEELING: This piece can peel, core, and slice apples effortlessly all in one operation.
- NON-SLIP BASE: This piece features an industrial suction base that firmly bonds to countertops.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Wash with warm soap water and dry immediately.
- WARRANTY: Comes with the Lifetime Limited Warranty.
At first sight, the Farberware Apple Peeler, Slicer, and Corer might not look like much, but this lightweight kitchen tool has the power to peel, slice, and core apples all at the same time.
It is made with stainless steel construction, making it a durable contraption for everyday use. Equipped with a non-slip base, this apple peeler can stand firmly on kitchen countertops.
This product also works well with other fruits and vegetables, so it’s a very handy kitchen partner. Very easy to clean, this apple peeler just needs warm water and soap.
Plus, it is made by one of the most respected kitchenware brands in the market that offers a lifetime limited warranty.
There are comments, however, that this product doesn’t work well with badly shaped apples. If not used for a long time, this can also be prone to breakage.
If you’re the type to cook apple dishes or serve apples regularly, then this apple peeler could just be the ideal kitchen partner for you.
Apple Peeler Buying Guide
As explained above, there are many formidable apple peelers in the market, and they all have their strengths and setbacks. Most of them are even multipurpose so you can use them for other fruits and vegetables, too.
The best-rated apple peeler might not be the perfect one for you and your personal needs, so you need to establish what you want in one in the first place.
A hefty price tag doesn’t always equate to great quality, and there are cheap yet powerful apple peelers in the market you should definitely consider.
However, how do YOU find the right apple peeler, one that matches your budget and need? Here’s a list of some important factors you should consider before buying your very own apple peeling partner:
Ease of use
The purpose of procuring an apple peeler, to begin with, is to make your life in the kitchen easier, so it’s important to take into account the ease of usage of an apple peeler.
A great quality apple peeler should be convenient to use, even for neophytes looking to try something new. You don’t need a kitchen tool that would complicate your kitchen duties even more.
How much time does the apple peeler require of you to set it up, how long does it take to peel an apple, and how much time does it require for cleaning up after?
If you’re looking to cook big batches of apple dishes, you need an apple peeler that operates fast so the prep time for the finished product would be cut short as well. You need to consider the time it requires for cleaning up the mess, if any, afterward.
The quality of an apple peeler would determine how long it would last in the kitchen, so you need to consider its durability and materials.
It would be better to invest in a more expensive apple peeler if it means that you can make more apple-based dishes with it. Otherwise, you might have to go through the trouble of having to buy a new one.
How well did the apple peeler peel apples? How many apples can it peel in one sitting? The reason why you’re buying an apple peeler in the first place is to do the hard work for you so the result must be excellent.
Otherwise, you might end up peeling apples manually, which is the last thing you want to do.
A great quality kitchen investment would have several purposes so you can maximize its usage. There are many apple peelers in the market that also cores and slices, and there are even those that can peel other fruits and vegetables as well.
Some apple peelers have the amazing ability to peel, core, and slice all at the same time.
Your apple peeler is supposed to be your partner in the kitchen, so it’s important to consider its ease of usage and performance.
Also, you should bear in mind the reason why you’re buying one in the first place: is it for personal usage or commercial use?
A great apple peeler should be able to cut your cooking prep time for you to focus on other important matters. So, the final question is what are your priorities and what factors are you willing to overlook?
Best Apple Peeler FAQs
Q1: What is an apple peeler?
An apple peeler is a kitchen tool that has the ability to remove the skin of an apple with ease and speed. It is a helpful kitchen contraption to cut the preparation time for cooking apple-based dishes or to serve raw apples faster.
Q2: Are apple peelers for apples only?
Most apple peelers in the market can also peel other fruits and vegetables such as Pears and Potatoes. There are even those that have the ability to also core and slice, as well. Some special models have the ability to do all three functions at the same time.
Q3: Can you peel apples without an apple peeler?
Yes, you can but doing so takes a lot of time and effort. This is especially taxing when you have a lot of apples to peel or if you’re very busy. The purpose of buying an apple peeler is to take this time-consuming endeavor out of your hands, so you can focus on other important things.
Q4: Where can you buy an apple peeler?
There are a lot of online platforms that offer different brands and models of apple peelers. A great e-commerce platform that you should consider is Amazon, because of the variety of selection it offers, as well as the number of customer reviews you can refer to. You can also check out other leading e-commerce stores such as eBay and Aliexpress.
Whether you’re serving raw apples or whipping up apple-based dishes, having a great quality apple peeler is handy for you to save a lot of time and effort. Some models even have the capacity to do fancy, intricate slices so you can impress your dinner party.
What’s amazing about apple peelers is that most of them can work on other fruits and vegetables, so you’re not limited to using them for apple-based food only.
At the end of the day, it’s all about making your life in the kitchen a breeze, so choose your apple peeling partner wisely.