How I review the Blenders
- First, I collect and read 100s, sometimes 1000s of reviews on a number of best blenders (i.e., the Ninja Blender Professional 1000 below)
- Then, I use my expertise as an Ex Quality Assurance Manager in the industry to rate the device (one rating for each relevant review)
- After that, I do this in the five most relevant categories: Materials, Price, Diversity, Durability, and Design
- I use the average score in each of the classes to get to the final Overall Quality Rating
- To make sure the data presented are fresh and up to date – I rinse and repeat the process with any new review bi-monthly. These reviews are actual in 2022
It’s tedious work, but the result is well worth it. Over the years of reviewing kitchen products, I’ve tweaked and improved the method, and I believe it to be the most reliable method to rate an appliance – just because it relies on real-life experiences.
Without further ado, let me get to the list of our winners, and then, we’ll take a closer look at each of them in more depth.
Moving on to look at each of these best blenders in more depth in digest reviews.
Here’s what we’ll do in each of these reviews:
- Take a look at the specifications as supplied by the company
- Present the most relevant positive points made in the customer reviews – PROs
- Present the relevant negatives as per the customers – CONs
Best Blenders for 2022 Reviewed
1. Ninja Blender Professional NJ600 BL610 NJ600wm
Also known as Ninja Blender Professional 1000 XL size with Pulse model NJ600 BL610 NJ600wm 72 oz. 1000 watt
Features of Ninja Blender Model NJ600
- Excellence Performance Power with 1000 w power
- 120 volts, 60 Hz
- Speeds – 3 Speeds + Pulse, crushing ice, fruits or vegetables in just a few seconds!
- Work Top Blander Type with pulse features
- Blender Pitcher Capacity – the XL Pitcher of 72 oz. (9 cups)
- Weighs about the size: 8 x 7 x 17 inches, 7.2 pounds item weight
- Dimensions: Height – 16.2 in. ; Width – 10.9 in. ; Depth – 9.3 in.
- Blade Technology – Total Crushing provides more power to blades that crush ice, vegetables, and fruits instantly
- Product warranty: 90-day warranty
- Due to its BPA free parts, the Ninja NJ600 3 speed blender is made for an easy organization
- Fast, safe and easy setup that goes perfectly well in the dishwasher
- The whole package includes a motor base (1000 w), Blender Pitcher 72 oz., Pitcher lid, Crushing Blades, Quick Start Manual, Inspiration Guide.
Here are some positive things that the consumers had to say about the Ninja Blender Professional XL:
- Strong and reliable blender. It is a powerhouse which never yet failed me in my desire mixing various ingredients, ice, fruits, and vegetables. It won’t turn on if the lid isn’t on the right which I love!
- The 72 Ounce Pitcher with Pour Spout makes more smoothie than a family can consume.
- It’s a well-made blender, large enough to hold almost anything, powerful enough to crush ice cubes, with the three double ninja blades so that every level gets blended.
- It works great! Cannot afford a Vitamin Blender, but not sure how it could work that much better than Ninja. It gets the job done. I have had no problems with it blending anything I have wanted to throw in it for smoothies!
- High Power, blends very quickly
- Removable blade means shakes won’t get hot and melt
- Large container
- The safety lock is not obtrusive
- Components, hard to clean.
- Blade tower needs to be handled with care because of the sharp blades
- Dangerous machine. The blade will come apart and brake the container
- It is a bit noisy, but that is normal from the motor that it houses.
- It may have issues with blending completely smooth. The constancy could be grainy. After running for 3 minutes, still there can be left pieces in the smoothies
Ninja Blender is a great investment! It is loud, but that’s the cost of being so powerful. Ninja Blender is also simple to use and to clean. Lightweight and well built; Ninja Blender is called “Professional Blender” for a reason.
It may not be a small blender that can fit comfortably under the counter; however, if you want to blend massive amounts of things, this IS the best choice.
2. Vitamix 5200 Series Blender
The fact sheet:
- powerful motor (2 horsepower)
- electrical standards – 120 V – 60 HHZ – 11.5 amps
- A unique design of the motor (lowered friction) made to last a lifetime
- Safety cord 19 x 6 ” (hideaway feature, 3 prong plugging, grounded)
- The special design of the accelerator tool featuring a collar that prevents the tool from hitting the blades – this allows for easy mixing and blending of the thickest of mixtures
- 5 color choices
- size: 13x17x13 “
- weight 15 pounds (shipping weight)
- It’s worth every penny, and I can safely say after years of use, it seems like it’ll last a lifetime…
- does everything it says on the box.
- Doubled the number of fruits and veggies I consume since I got this blender…
- so simple to use and very easy to clean, which was a drag with my old food processor.
- A huge time-saver that does a great job even with juicing stuff.
- I think this is my 6th or 7th blender; I was always trying to save by getting the cheaper ones…getting the Vitamix means one thing less to think about, this thing will last…
- best smoothie blender I ever had…
- It’s a heavy-duty machine, well worth the money.
- It’s been 3 years since I got it and I still love it, works just as well as the day it arrived…
- I have two old blenders in my closet collecting dust, they kind of work but the results and the smoothness are nowhere near as good as in this one…
- I’m using it for everything, from nut-butters, soups, smoothies, ice creams…hasn’t failed me with any of these…
- Does a great job at straining the pulp. I use the pulp to dehydrate it and include some in my baking. It gives a unique edge to my cookies.
- I thought this comes with a glass container. I’m returning it…
- after a while of using it, I don’t see it being any better than my old cheaper blender. I have a feeling I paid for a brand name…
- too noisy.
- It was developing some oily burning smell for weeks.
Rating method aside, over the years of writing these reviews I developed a pretty good feel about negatives that are deal breakers. I honestly didn’t see enough of these when researching this Vitamix to raise any red flags.
Most of the negative reviews I’ve seen are either a matter of taste, temporary issues (like the oily smell some users report) or speculations about whether it is BPA-free.
Being in the industry for years, I know that Vitamix is a serious company that would not play around with false advertising about such a serious matter like their products being BPA-free.
I know about the competitor tactics of registering on certain websites to trash their competitors. But, it passed all the relevant health-related tests, and that’s all that matters.
3. Dash Chef Series Digital Blender
- The volume of 2 L (8 cups)
- unique tamper included for processing frozen fruits
- Revolution Per Minute – RPM of 35.000
- 6-in-1 functions: smoothie, puree, rinse, crush, soup, frozen
- Digital interface but a simple modern design manual functions (presets)
- 4 color choices
- This one is real eye candy. I get comments from almost anybody that walks into my kitchen.
- Smooth and even results with everything I tried making so far, I am still to try making hot soup.
- Beauty and amazing powered combined.
- So happy I did a bit more research before paying big bucks for a blender, the motor in this one is just as powerful as in models that cost 2 or 3 times as much.
- Best deal you could get in a blender, fantastic quality/price ratio.
- I am amazed by how quiet it is for its power.
- With this design and reliability, I see this becoming a classic.
- It turned my oatmeal into a powder.
- Mine died within 2 weeks, I am sending it back for a replacement…such a shame, it looks great, and I so wanted to love it…
This one seems like an amazing deal. I never include products on my lists unless I have a big enough of a sample of reviews to get an impression. When I do, it’s all about statistics and spice of my expertise.
What this means.
With every product, there will be cases of negative reports but as time goes by and as the sample of reviews increases, all these levels up and the rating system I have in place becomes more reliable.
With an Overall Quality Rating of 4.6 out 5, this is a great budget solution and offers an excellent bang for your buck.
4. Oster BVCB07-Z
The fact sheet of the blender:
- This Oster is a great personal blender, I am a chef and use a high-end commercial food processor at the restaurant…amazed that this works this well at that price point.
- It’s my 4th blender, and this one has the best quality/price ratio I have seen…don’t know how long it will last, but so far so good.
- I am a fan of the brand, so I guess I am a bit biased. Before this, I had the Oster Beehive blender, and it worked great for years before it died on me, but it was so good for smoothies that I decided to go with Oster again.
- Very easy to clean, which is a huge plus in my book.
- It does a great job even with crushing ice.
- I have an Oster blender bought in the 60s that still works. Why would I pay big bucks if I can get something like this for the price of lunch?
- Perfect for smoothies, not good, but perfect…even and free of chunks.
- I think it’s the Fusion Reverse function that makes all the difference, it just throws chunks of food up, and then sucks them down to the middle of the bowl, no need to stop the blender and scrape the walls anymore.
- I have zero problems with this Oster after 3 years of use.
- It died on me after just a few months. I do use a blender multiple times every day, but still.
- Mine came with a flaw. The bowl doesn’t seem to fit right to the base. I have to hold it down.
- It’s a noisy little thing.
The most budget-friendly solution on this list. Having that in mind, I think that not only does it meet the expected, but it over delivers.
Overall Quality Rating of 4.4 out of 5.
5. Blendtec Total Blender, WildSide Jar
Let me share here – my personal favorite on the list. That fact alone does in no way influence the rating model since it relies on numbers and statistics.
- commercial quality
- powerful motor (1560W), Horsepower of 3, and a directly driven
- pre-set blending, touch controls, automatically shut off
- BPA free only materials used
- security of fitted venting lids, guide of use, and 230 great recipes
- 7-year warranty
- automatically speed-up, down, or shut off (6 programmed cycle)
- 15 ” height for the perfect fit in the countertop-kitchen cabinet space
- the base is from commercially durable materials (polycarbonate)
- electric specs – 1560 W – 120V, 13 amps,
- had it for almost a year now and instead of going into detail, I’ll say that I am delighted.
- I am a very cautious buyer, I’ve been researching for weeks before I got this blender and I’ve never looked back.
- I thought that spending this much on a blender was ludicrous until I got it…it’s such a relief to relax and stop thinking about it anymore, because before this I went through 3 blenders in 2 years and, so far this one seems to be the best.
- The smoothest juice blend I have ever seen.
- Very easily cleaned.
- The one that arrived didn’t even turn on once. I am waiting for a replacement.
- Too costly.
- It won’t blend if the ingredients are even a millimeter over the maximum line.
Overall Quality Score of 4.8, with one point deducted for the price, says a lot.
After reading so many reviews, I can conclude that the question is not if this blender is the real deal and good enough, but instead if you can afford it.
6. KitchenAid KSB1570SL
- intelligent motor speed controls
- blades are the highest quality stainless steel
- featuring start-soft
- metal base
- Variety of settings for a range of foods
- Works great, just as well as my previous blender that costs twice as much.
- It’s so powerful, so when I start it, after a few seconds, the ice turns into snow.
- Very easy to use, easy to clean, and works great with everything I tried it on.
- I thought that I was doing a good enough job with my old blender on smoothies. I’m sorry I didn’t get this sooner, a whole other level above my other blender.
- Does 90% of the jobs of the models cost much more.
- Light and so far, very durable.
- My last KitchenAid was worth every penny, and I got the most out of it for 10 years, and I am a fan of the brand, but this one seems just as good so far.
- Nicely packed and shipped very fast, it was “shipped” 3 hours after the order on Amazon and I received it the next day.
- It looks just great, real eye candy. Despite that, It’s fair to say that it’s not the centerpiece in my kitchen.
- Mine keeps shutting down spontaneously. I am sending it back for a replacement.
With an Overall Quality Rating of 4.6 out of 5, this model will probably do the trick for most of the average household.
My personal opinion is that if you are a person that enjoys a healthy lifestyle and the experience of having the best smoothie/shake possible after your run you are probably better off with some of the high-end models on this list.
But if you are a mom and the “luxury experience’ is not as important as practicality, this KitchenAid will do just fine.
How do I do the updates?
I just go to Amazon, type in the word blender, choose a category in the right sidebar and then sort the results by average Customer Reviews. I then go into the individuals’ pages of the products that are already on my list, find the last review I used for my previous update (I always take a note of that in my Excel sheet) and take it from there.
If there are new arrivals in the top 20 best-rated blenders, I go to their pages, see if the sample of reviews is big enough and start a new worksheet on them, to see how these perform in the blender “dance-off.”
One potential flaw of my method is that there might be blenders out there not listed on Amazon, but I believe that I know the industry well enough to know who’s who among the companies.
It’s also fair to say that everybody who’s anybody is listed there but do occasionally go out of my way to check if certain companies have something new and exciting to offer.
The problem here is that most of the time, even if I do find such a product, it lacks in the sample size of user reviews.
I am a firm believer in the method I use, because what better way to rate something than to assess how it’s performing in the real world.
Bottom line – you can hardly go wrong with any of the blender choices you see on this page, but in the end, it comes down to your needs, taste, and budget.
If this guide helps allow you, the consumer, to make a better-informed decision and a smarter choice, then I did what I set out to do.
A few words to clarify the method of rating the best blenders in 2022
The rating platform that I am using on the website allows me to rate each of the criteria with a rating of 1 to 5. These results are the rounded Overall Quality Rating numbers.
But using simple excel sheets when I gather data gives me more flexibility:
Example: I read a review and rate a blender a 4.6 in the category of design based on that review. Then I read another one and give it a 4.3…and so on…
It’s a more precise description of the method used for the review.
As you can see, the final rating here is not a rounded number, but it might be 4.45. Then I sort the results and pick my winners, but here I present the score as a 4.5.
Bottom line – the results are simplified for your clarity, but the background process is a bit more complex, and the differences in ratings are often subtle, but you can always be sure that the results (winners) presented here are precise and relevant.
Ok, this way exhausting, my bottom is killing me, and I’m going to make myself a sweet frozen raspberry smoothie 🙂
Take care and enjoy my Best Blenders reviews!
Since 1937, when Fred Waring introduced what he called “the miracle mixer,” the immensely useful appliance went from being renamed to “Waring blender” and getting into mass production to slowly spread around the kitchens of the world and becoming a standard in every kitchen that “means business.”
Note about this guide – advantages, and flaws
It’s not about bragging, but it’s about you when I repeat that this guide is the fruit of weeks of research in the first place and bi-monthly updates that take a few hours.
I am doing it all to keep the info here up-to-date.