With all the options in the market, choosing a fondue pot can be a difficult task. All of them have their strengths and setbacks so we understand why you might be having a hard time deciding which one to buy.
That’s why we’re making things easier for you by scouring the best fondue pots in the market based on their features and performance.
Detailed Reviews of the 10 Best Fondue Pots in 2021
#1: Nostalgia Stainless Steel Electric Fondue Pot
- 6-Cup capacity - Make up to 1.5 quarts (3 pounds) of your favorite fondue for birthdays, pool parties or any special event to share with friends and family. Cord length : 38 Inches
- Fondue party - Make any get together special. Dip fruit, vegetables, breads, pretzels, chicken wings, ribs, and more into a variety of fondue sauces. Try Buffalo sauce, barbecue sauce, ranch, chocolate, cheese, dipping broths and more.
- Temperature control - Keep fondues at the ideal temperature by adjusting the blue-lit temperature control dial.
- Cool-touch handles - Use the cool-touch side handles for safe and easy handling while moving the removable pot.
- 6 color-coded forks - Allow guests to serve themselves decadent chocolate fondue, delectable cheese dips and more with the included 6 color-coded forks. Notches in the rim hold each fork in place.
Affordable and with a crisp, stylish design, the Nostalgia Stainless Electric Fondue Pot is the best-rated fondue pot on Amazon, and with good reason.
With a 6-cup capacity, this kitchen gadget can make up to 3 pounds of your favorite fondue, making it optimal for dinner parties or gatherings. Made with high-quality stainless steel, this fondue pot is guaranteed durable, meaning it will last in your kitchen for a very long time.
With its cool-touch handles, this product is guaranteed safe and easy to handle its removable pot. It also has six color-coded forks, so your group can serve themselves conveniently. Plus, this set can be disassembled effortlessly so you can clean it up right after usage.
On the other hand, there have been claims that its temperature control can be quite fussy. It should also be noted that it can be quite difficult to clean the pot’s base. Given its quality and generous capacity at a friendly price though, it’s still a great fondue partner.
#2: Swissmar Lugano 9 Piece Cheese Fondue Set
- 9-piece fondue set from swissmar
- Enameled cast iron fondue pot; rests on rechaud/stand or can be used at stovetop
- Paste burner includes 1 swissmar, 3-ounce fire-gel container
- Set includes 6 fondue forks and 1 recipe; use wooden or non-stick utensils to prepare fondue
- Set measures 15 by 10-3/4 by 9-inch; weighs 12 pounds
If you’re looking for a traditional fondue meal, you need a classic fondue pot like the Swissmar Lugano 9 piece cheese fondue set.
This contraption has a durable cast iron pot that retains heat well and can be placed right on top of the stove, so you don’t need separate pots to melt and serve cheese. Plus, it’s compatible with any heat source so whether you’re an electric burner or stovetop, this pot can work for you.
This pot is enameled inside and evenly distributes heat. You don’t even have to pre-season it, and it can hold up to two liters of cheese. Moreover, this product is proudly Swiss-made so it’s like having a taste of Switzerland at the comforts of your home.
This set has identical wooden forks, which may be prone to mix up among dinner guests. This product also doesn’t provide you fuel, so that’s an additional cost on your end. Looking at the bigger picture though, it’s easy to see why this set is a popular pick.
#3: Oster Titanium-Infused DuraCeramic 3-Quart Fondue Pot
- 3-quart fondue pot with titanium-infused DuraCeramic nonstick coating lasts 8x longer than standard nonstick coatings
- PFOA- and PTFE-free surface cooks up to 30% faster and wipes clean easily
- Removable, adjustable temperature control for convenient operation
- Magnetic breakaway cord offers added safety
- Fondue kit includes 8 fondue forks, removable plug, and fork holder ring
Looking for an affordable and easy to clean fondue pot? Then the Oster Titanium-infused DuraCeramic 3-quart fondue pot might just be the one for you. This electric fondue pot is made of PFOC-free DuraCeramic non-stick coating, which means it’s a breeze to wash after usage.
This set heats rapidly and can work with oil, cheese, or chocolate. It even has eight color-coded forks, making it great for large dinner groups. Equipped with a magnetic breakaway cord, this contraption guarantees extra safety.
It should be noted, however, that this set is not dishwater compatible, so you have to scrub everything by hand. Given its affordability, capacity, and safety features, however, it’s a small price to pay for a delicious meal.
#4: Cuisinart 3-Quart Electric Fondue Set
- Electric fondue set suitable for chocolate, cheese, broth or oil
- Includes base, bowl, temperature probe, 8 fondue forks, and fork rack, BPA Free
- Elegant, brushed stainless-steel 3-quart bowl with nonstick interior
- Removable temperature control is adjustable for wide range of recipes;Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- Dimensions : 6.12-Inch x 10.50-Inch x 7.00-Inch (LxWxH)
Multifunctional and with a chic, contemporary design, the Cuisinart 3-quart electric fondue set is a crowd favorite on the web, and we totally understand why.
Sturdy and easy to clean, its bowl is wide enough for parties of eight. Made with BPA-free, non-stick materials, this fondue set is guaranteed safe and of great quality.
It’s easy to control the heat level of your food as this product is equipped with an adjustable temperature probe with eight settings.
Armed with eight color-coded fondue forks, this kitchen gadget can even double as a double broiler. This also means you can prepare 2 or 3 fondue-type course meals with this gadget alone.
This set has a short cord, which doesn’t make it optimal for outdoor dinners. It also entails you’d have to place the fondue set near an outlet, which may affect where you can have your meals.
If you have an extension cord on hand though, taking into account all of this product’s benefits, this shouldn’t be a big deal.
#5: Boska Holland Tealight Fondue Set
- FONDUE FUN: Works for both cheese and chocolate
- MICROWAVE SAFE: Melted cheese or chocolate in a flash - no stove needed
- SIMPLE & ELEGANT: Heated by a candle - no lighter fluid, no cords
- INCLUDES: Ceramic pot, wooden base, 4 fondue forks, tea light holder, and 1 tea light
- TRUSTED SINCE 1896: Boska Holland has built up their Cheesewares expertise over a long and rich history that started in the cheese heart of the Netherlands
Optimal for cheese or chocolate fondue, the Boska Holland Tealight Fondue Set has a very adorable design. Compact, dishwasher, and microwave-safe, this set is easy to clean and effortless to store. This fondue set also works well with different types of tapas, making it an overall great partner in the kitchen.
The best cheese fondue pot for romantic evenings, this fondue pot is powered by a candle, meaning there’s no need for cords or lighter fluids.
The set includes a 400 mL stoneware fondue pot, a wooden base, 4 stainless steel fondue forks with wooden handles, one tea light, and a tea light holder, making it a bang for your buck investment. Made by one of the oldest cheese ware manufacturers in the market, this is a trusted set you can count on.
Given that this product is powered by a candle, the heat level cannot be adjusted. Plus, it can only provide up to four people due to its smaller size.
Plus, it has one complimentary tea light only, so you’d have to purchase replacements after the first usage. If you’re not looking to entertain a big dinner group, this might just be the best choice for you.
#6: VonShef Fondue Set
- PERFECT FOR ENTERTAINING - The perfect centerpiece for dinner parties
- INC 6 COLOR CODED LONG STEMMED FORKS - For dipping and cooking, making it easy to use and know which is yours
- RETAINS HEAT - Made from heat resistant Porcelain Enamel Cast Iron
- ADJUSTABLE FLAME BURNER - The set also includes an adjustable flame burner with snuffer. Please note that fuel should be purchased separately
- EASY STORAGE - Pieces all store away easily and set is made portable due to its perfect size - 63 fl oz Capacity
Whether you’re looking to fondue cheese or chocolate, the VonShef fondue set can partner with you. Made with enamel cast iron, this fondue set is guaranteed durable and easy to clean, while retaining heat very well.
Plus, it has a very stylish design, making it a great centerpiece (and conversation piece) for your dinner parties.
Due to its compact size, it’s easy to store, making it a great choice for those with tiny kitchens. You can also change its heat level with ease through its adjustable flame burner with a snuffer. It even has a complimentary burner to boot, making it so convenient to navigate.
However, this set doesn’t come with fuel so that’s an additional expense. There are claims also that the fondue forks are not very sturdy, but given the benefits of this fondue set, it’s still safe to say that this is an awesome fondue partner.
#7: Wilton Chocolate Pro Chocolate Fountain
- Fondue set is 16 inches tall and has adjustable feet to keep the decorative fountain steady
- Chocolate fountain holds 4 lbs of melting dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate
- Unique bowl design keeps chocolate melted and flowing while 3 canopies are spaced for easy dipping
- Perfect for chocolate covered strawberries, cake pops, brownies, and fruit for any event or wedding
- Never immerse electrical unit in water, center tube disassembles and is dishwasher safe
Considered the best chocolate fondue pot in the market, the Wilton Chocolate Pro Chocolate Fountain will give your guests a picturesque and fun night of dessert dipping.
This kitchen contraption can hold up to four pounds of chocolate, making it a great dessert partner for dinner parties or other special occasions.
This fondue pot can be disassembled, meaning it’s easy to clean and store. It even has a mini version that’s optimal for small dinner parties or if you’re looking to impress your date with your kitchen tools. If you’re the type to host a lot of parties at home, this is a great way to impress your guests.
On the downsides, this fondue set is limited to chocolate only. It also doesn’t have any complimentary fondue forks. But if a dessert fondue pot is what you were looking for, this one takes the cake.
#8: All-Clad Fondue Pot with Cast Aluminum Insert
- Fondue pot with a 3-Qquart ceramic pot – perfect for cheese and chocolate
- Heavy gauge 18/10 stainless steel pot with a stainless, aluminum disk bottom for even heat distribution
- Stainless-steel all-clad signature handles permanently secured with stainless-steel rivets
- 18/10 stainless steel forks color coded for easy identification
- More durable than traditional pots for a lifetime of use; Limited lifetime warranty
If your goal is to find the a top-notch fondue pot for meat, but can also work for other food items such as chocolate and cheese, then the All-Clad Fondue Pot with Cast Aluminum Insert might just be the one you’re looking for.
Armed with both a stainless steel pot, which can cook meat in oil or both at a high temperature and a cast-iron insert that’s made for your cooktop, this fondue pot is a great combination of function and style with sleek and sophisticated design.
With a 3-quart capacity, this fondue pot even has 8-color coded forks, making it generous enough to accommodate big dinner parties.
It also claims to be more durable than your average fondue pot, which means it can last you many memorable fondue meals. It has even earned its seal of approval from regular fondue-eating folks, meaning it’s the real deal for a good meal.
It should be noted, however, that the fuel for this gadget is not included. However, if you consider this product’s versatility and generous capacity, that’s a small inconvenience that you can easily put up with.
#9: Artestia Cast Iron Fondue Set
- Artestia Cast Iron Fondue Set
- One stylish cast iron pot; 6 forks with heat proof handle, different colors at the end for easy identification; splatter ring; rechaud; paste/gel fuel burner; grooved wooden base
- 1200 ml volume pot, serve 6 persons
Compatible with cheese, chocolate, and even caramel, the Artestia Cast Iron Fondue Set is a gorgeous kitchen gadget that impresses inside and out.
Equipped with adjustable heat control, this product can melt food items in as little as five minutes. Very easy to clean and maintain, this fondue set’s pot and fondue are guaranteed dishwasher-safe.
With a black and rose gold base combination, this fondue set has a very contemporary and chic design.
With a generous capacity of up to six people (each with their own fondue fork), this stylish set even comes with two bowel options: black and white. Perfect for home and commercial usage, this fondue pot is a great gift idea for your stylish friends.
It should be noted that this fondue set is more expensive than most models in the market. Plus, it’s not optimal for big groups given its compact size.
If the price is not an issue in your book and you’re not looking to host large dinner parties, however, you should definitely give this product a try.
#10: MasterChef Chocolate Fondue Maker
- Chocolate Fondue Maker- Features melting and warming setting to perfectly melt your chocolate
- Chocolate Fountain- Serving tray and bowl are removable, making this chocolate fountain easy to clean!
- Chocolate Fondue - Dip fruit, cake, marshmallows, pretzels and more for your favorite dessert treats
- Chocolate Melting Pot includes 4 forks for easy dipping and drizzling
- Top selling, best selling gift, and great for birthdays and Valentine's Day!
Made by the creators of the global television cooking show hit MasterChef, the MasterChef Chocolate Fondue Maker features both melting and warming settings so you can have your dessert at your heat level of preference. This economic top-seller is the best electric fondue pot to give to your kitchen-savvy family and friends.
With four fondue forks and a party serving tray, this product is a great choice for small gatherings. Both easy to use and easy to clean, this kitchen contraption is a breeze to set up and cook with. Plus, it has a very friendly price tag so it won’t put a huge dent in your wallet.
This fondue maker can accommodate groups of up to four people, so it’s not optimal for those looking to host big parties. Given its price tag and function, however, it’s still a great option for home use.
Best Fondue Pot and Sets: Buyer’s Guide
The type of fondue set you should buy depends on your personal preferences and needs. As detailed above, all fondue sets have their strong points and shortcomings. It also demonstrates how a hefty price tag doesn’t necessarily equate to multiple uses and generous capacity.
It would be best if you have a list of non-negotiables that can help you narrow down your choices, and find the perfect partner for you.
In case you don’t have a clear idea of what you’re looking for exactly, at least, you should determine what you DON’T want in your fondue partner to make your fondue cooking experience so much easier.
Looking at the bigger picture, however, here are critical factors that should be on your list as you choose the best fondue set for you:
Are you looking for personal use, cooking for a small family, or for entertaining big groups? This plays a big factor in what kind of fondue set is optimal for your needs.
Some pots can accommodate small groups while there are ones who can feed larger dinner parties. The cooking capacity would give you an idea of how easy it is to store and how much time you would need to clean the fondue set as well.
Intention of use
Cooking fondue is not exclusively for cheese, and some brands are ideal ones for chocolate (ceramic types), and those that are stainless steel fondue pots.
There are also multifunctional ones that can work for different food items. You need to determine what kind of food you’re looking to fondue to find the one that’s best for you personally.
Easy to clean
Fondue pots come in different sized components, and the convenience level to clean up after would save you a lot of time and effort. Not all fondue pots are dishwasher safe, so it’s important to read up if you’re able to clean your fondue set with what you have on hand in the kitchen.
You should also research how to clean each part because there are instances wherein some parts are dishwasher safe while others are strictly hand wash only. You wouldn’t want to have to purchase spare parts because of negligence.
Method of cooking
How does the fondue pot cook its food? Through a tealight, electricity or a traditional stove? Are there certain restrictions in the place you live in or where you plan to fondue?
You need to consider these when choosing a fondue pot to ensure that you can actually use them, and they won’t just be unused kitchen gadgets stored in the cupboard. That would be a total waste of time and money.
Fondue pots often come in sets that have separate components. Common inclusions in standard fondue sets are several fondue forks and the actual pot.
Some fondue sets offer even more multifunctional parts, making them diverse partners in the kitchen. This factor would also affect how many items you’d have to clean, store, and account for, so choose wisely.
When it comes to choosing a fondue pot, you need to determine your intention as well as take into account how much work it will take to clean and store the set.
What might be the best-rated fondue pot might not be the best one for you personally, so it’s best to conduct some research before adding to the cart, and adding to your kitchen. In short, it all depends on your priorities and capacity in the kitchen.
Best Fondue Set FAQs
Q1: Where did fondue come from?
A product of Switzerland, the word ‘fondue’ derives from the French word ‘Frondre,’ which means ‘to melt.’ It originated in the 18th century as a practical way for families in rural areas to stretch their limited resources during harsh winters. It gained popularity in Switzerland in the 1930s then made its way overseas by the 1960s.
Q2: Can you make fondue even without a fondue pot?
Yes, it is possible with a double broiler and if you carefully follow cooking instructions to making your own fondue. However, it can be difficult to control the heat and melting level of your food of choice, which is why having a handy fondue pot is a more convenient way of fonduing.
Q3: What types of fondue pots are there?
There are three types: fuel-based, electricity-based, and tealight. The best fuel-based fondue pots are the ones made of ceramic materials, which allow even heat distribution. Electricity based fondue sets are usually made of nonstick metal, making them easy to clean. Tealight-powered fondue sets are economical but the heat level’s not adjustable.
Q4: Where can you buy fondue pots?
A lot of online stores offer different brands and models of fondue pots. A great platform is Amazon, because of the number of models and brands available as well as customer reviews you can refer to. You can also check out other leading e-commerce stores to compare prices and stocks available such as eBay and AliExpress.
Having fondue is a mouth-watering way to enjoy comfort food, and it’s important to have a great fondue pot on hand to ensure the quality of your meal.
Most fondue pots can cater up to six people, so if you’re looking to entertain a larger group, you might need more than one pot.
What’s great about most fondue pots is that they’re relatively easy to use, so whether you’re a neophyte in the kitchen or a skilled chef in your own right, whipping up fondue is easy peasy as long as you have a great fondue pot.