A sharp knife always gives an exceptional cut. Likewise, a robust grill will always provide an excellent grilling experience.
Infrared grilling is the new way of grilling delicious food. Not only does infrared technology provides high temperatures in less time, but it also limits fuel consumption.
But buying the best infrared grill for your budget and needs out of hundreds of models can be confusing. But fear not, we did all the work for you. Here are 10 infrared grills that are worth the money in 2022.
10 Best Infrared Grills Reviewed
- 4 stainless Steel main burners that produce 48, 000 BTU-per-hour input along with stainless Steel sear plates that provide even heat with their layered positioning and intense flavor for creating Unforgettable meals
- Invite all your friends and family over with 500 square inches of main cooking space, enough to cook 31 burgers at once! Take advantage of the extra 260 Square inches of cooking space offered by the warming rack and 140 square inches on your side burner
- Forget the matches, a quick start up you can count on every time with the flame throwing JETFIRE ignition system on each main burner. As an added back up feature the Napoleon prestige 500 offers a back channel between burners to allow them to light off each other. You will be up and grilling The first time every time
- Cook a steak house quality steak every time with the infrared sizzle Zone side burner that heats up to 1800 degrees in 30 seconds
- Enjoy rotisserie cooked food with the 18, 000 BTU Infrared rear burner and the Napoleon heavy duty rotisserie kit included with purchase. Why not get a bit creative with the Napoleon rotisserie basket perfect for rotisserie vegetables, fried or Chick wings (accessory sold separately)
This robust infrared grill from world-renowned brand Napoleon is a blessing for all those looking for lip-smacking grills.
It incorporates 7.5 mm wave-style cooking grids, which makes this grill one of the best options to cook even small food items. The stainless-steel structure and grids make this a tank.
With 17.75X28 inches cooking area, you get enough space to grill food for your outdoor parties quickly. Children love different sauces with burgers.
With the inbuilt capability of infrared rear and side burner, you can easily cook up delicious sauces for burgers and let your kids enjoy their meal.
The Jetfire ignition technology and night light knobs offer a safe and secure way for grilling even at your night parties.
The grill is capable of providing 80,000 BTUs and delivers perfect grill marks on your dishes, which not only makes the food aesthetically impressive but also enhances the taste.
The grill has a staggered structure with Accu-Probe temperature control for providing even heat to all the grilling items. Its center-gravity top lid makes it very smooth to cover and uncover the burners.
Overall, the grill has is fully packed with all the top-class elements to suit any party outdoor or indoor and deliver tasty food items to your guests.
- Lifetime warranty
- Enough cooking space ready to serve to a large member of guests
- Top class searing and roasting with infrared rear and side burners
- Jetfire Ignition system for swift start-up
- A little bit expensive on the budget
2. Char-Broil Performance TRU- Infrared 500
- Road worthy and built to travel easy
- Cast aluminum firebox and lid with dual stainless steel latches and temp gauge
- High-impact frame with legs and carry handles
- No flare-up TRU-Infrared cooking system
- 200 square inch stainless steel grilling grate
The Char-Broil is another top-notch grill and meets up all your requirements to make the tastiest foods for your family and friends.
This grill can add a different charm to your outdoor or indoor parties. You can enjoy both the cooking and the party at the same time.
Being made of high-quality steel it enables you to arrange mid-size cooking. With the optimum size and weight of this grill, you can cook your favorite items without any hassles.
The grating material is developed with Porcelain Coated Steel, which works smoothly with high temperatures. On the other hand, Stainless steel is used to make the grill burner and heat tent. This robust steel structure enhances the durability and longevity of this grill.
This grill is designed with 450-square-inches of cooking space that makes your cooking task more manageable. It is equipped with advanced TRU-Infrared technology that allows you to cook the entire surface.
The main burner can provide 2700 BTU to sear your steaks perfectly. Your guest will surely love the dishes prepared with this grill.
This grill has all the quintessential features so that you can cook with full confidence. The TRU-Infrared cooking system, along with the 180-square-inches warming rack area, is suitable for maximum searing and roasting.
You can satisfy your taste buds with some delicious meals by cooking in this high-standard grill.
- Designed with sturdy and durable materials.
- Ensures a high-quality cooking performance.
- Provides very high temperature to grill the stakes properly.
- Use-friendly and very easy to clean.
- A little expensive than similar quality products.
- It contains lead and leads compounds that can be hazardous.
3. Char-Broil Grill2Go x200 Portable TRU-Infrared
- Road worthy and built to travel easy
- Cast aluminum firebox and lid with dual stainless steel latches and temp gauge
- High-impact frame with legs and carry handles
- No flare-up TRU-Infrared cooking system
- 200 square inch stainless steel grilling grate
Char-Broil has introduced this portable gas grill, which is perfect to roast salmon or chicken on the go. It is designed to sear steaks during your travel (your road trips just got a whole lot tastier).
Now, you do not have to worry about your favorite BBQ dishes, even if you are camping or relaxing on the beach. This grill is available with optimum size and weight to carry it with you on the road without much effort.
You can try out different new recipes with this grill. High-quality stainless steel is used to design both the grate and burner to make sure they last long even after heavy use.
Because of the TRU-Infrared technology, the foods you cook up become softer and juicier. Also, it can limit the flare-up appropriately between the flame and foods to prevent bad cookouts.
The main burner is capable of providing 9500 BTUs helping the grill to hold heat for a long time. As a result, your steaks have proper grill marks and smoky flavors to enhance the taste effectively.
Another essential thing to notice is that the TRU-Infrared spread the heat evenly by efficiently using the emitter plate to sear and roast your food items.
This grill comes up with a push-button ignition to start grilling quickly. The lid-mounted temperature gauge allows you to regulate the temperature as per your convenience.
The calcium aluminum firebox and stainless steel latches of the lid makes it safe to use.
- Portable and easy to set up.
- TRU-Infrared technology minimizes flare-ups.
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge makes temperature control easier.
- Be careful about the combustion caused by lead compounds.
4. TEC Patio FR 44 Inch
TEC Patio FR is one of the most renowned gas grills available in the market and is handcrafted in America. It comes up with a sophisticated look supported by the double-walled hood and sleek design.
This well-equipped grill enhances the beauty of your outdoor kitchen and allows you to cook your meals stress-free.
The entire structure of this grill is made up of stainless steel, ensuring the highest longevity. It comes up with electronic ignition. You can use the cooking surface as a conventional stove that is better than the side burner.
This grill is well-equipped with the Infrared technology so that it can stop flare-ups efficiently. It is vital to prevent hot and cold spots as well as charring of the food items.
This grill has 592-square-inches primary grilling surfaces that allow you to prepare 32 hamburgers in less than 15 minutes.
You will be amazed to know that they can provide 30,000 BTUs to 60,000 BTUs in an hour without using much fuel. You can preheat the grill within 10 minutes up to 900° F.
You can quickly cook or warm your favorite food items with the help of the 185-square-inches warm rack, which is sold separately.
Have hassle-free cooking because of the excellent temperature range. It holds the smoky flavors as well as leaves the sear marks on the steaks that make them good-looking and delicious to taste.
- Available with two fuel-efficient burners.
- Easy to maintain and clean up.
- It can be used as a regular stove.
- Infrared technology prevents flare-ups.
- Preheat the grill very quickly (maximum 900°F).
- Not portable
- A little costly compared to features
5. Saber Cast 500 32-Inch
- Uses SABER patented Infrared cooking system for even temperature, no flare-ups and 30% less propane consumption
- Constructed with Premium 304 Stainless Steel for lasting durability
- Push button electronic ignition with an electrode at each burner
- 18, 000 BTU dual tube side burner is ideal for greater versatility of using woks, skillets and pots, as well as boiling and frying side dishes and sauces
- 2 internal Halogen lights so you can grill at any time of day
You will surely love the experience of cooking with this grill. It enables you to grill and roast efficiently by preventing flare-ups and spreading the heat evenly.
The robust grill structure is made up of commercial-grade stainless steel, and they are non-magnetic as well. The electronic ignition attached to the burners ensures the safety of the grill while starting.
You can cook without any hassles with the lid up. The grate-level temperature gauge allows you to regulate the temperature. You can access the grease tray easy to clean the surface quickly.
You just need to burn off and clean the debris with a small brush. So, you do not need to worry about the cleanliness of the surface of this grill.
The heavy-duty nylon locking caster is perfect for cooking conveniently. The burners use 30% less gas. The unique EZNG technology of SABER helps you to save natural gas without compromising with your cook-up.
It can hold up the heat for a long time effectively. The enamel racks available with this grill provide enough space for storage.
The lid of this grill is durable and sturdy enough because it is designed with cast-aluminum end caps. High-quality steel shelves are also there along with tool holders and towel bars.
Therefore, you can roast the steaks comfortably. This grill is spacious enough as it incorporates three separate cooking zone. You can easily use this grill for cooking for parties.
- Spreads heat evenly all over the grates.
- Prevents flare-ups.
- Supports natural gas conservation.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Sturdy and durable cart.
- Comes up with a warranty.
- The ignition can be improved.
- Rust problem in internal parts.
6. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Gas Grill
- Small on size, mighty on features - perfect for a patio or balcony
- Cooking System:Gas TRU-Infrared
- Electronic ignition integrated into gas control knob for a wide range of temperatures
- 320 square inches of cooking area
- Assembly Required
You can enjoy the best experience of grilling with Char-Broil. Char-Broil has come up with the highest quality grill works with electric power. Usually, gas or charcoal is used for grilling.
But, with this Electric Grill, you can come out of that conventional way of grilling. This grill has an optimum size that it can fit on a patio and grill 12 regular size burgers as well. So, you do not face much difficulty while preparing food with this grill.
This grill is designed with TRU-Infrared technology, which is very useful in stopping flare-ups. You should control the flare and heat evenly to cook juicy steaks.
It is one of the best infrared grills when it comes to temperature control thanks to the integrated control. Moreover, a removable warming rack is available with this grill to keep the food items warm enough.
This grill is made up of a porcelain-coated grate that ensures the durability and longevity of the grill. Also, it is rust-free and absolutely easy to clean.
The front access grease tray can be removed effortlessly to clean up the food debris from the grill. You can regulate the temperature with the help of a lid-mounted temperature gauge to cook mouth-watering foods.
This grill has some user-friendly features that make sure you use it with ultimate comfort. You can use the tools and towel rack for high-quality cooking performance.
Also, shelf storage can be used to keep the necessary tools within your reach. The integrated handle supports the grill to move quickly.
- Comes within a budget-friendly price range.
- Supports electric grilling without charcoal or gas.
- TRU-Infrared technology prevents flare-ups.
- Resistant to rust and easy to clean.
- A little challenging to set up.
Also Read: Best Tabletop Grills for 2022
7. Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 3-burner Cabinet
- 420 square inches of primary cooking over porcelain-coated cast iron grates
- 155 square inch porcelain-coated warming rack, 13,000 BTU side burner
- Three top-ported 443 stainless steel tube burners for lasting performance and better temperature control
- Surefire Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark at every burner
- Easily converts from liquid propane(lp) to natural gas(ng) with natural gas conversion kit (sold separately)
Looking for a medium-size gathering? This item can be the most suitable option for you. This grill heats up in less time and holds heat longer to sear and roast perfectly.
This grill is equipped with TRU-Infrared cooking technology that works effectively to lock the smoky flavors in the foods. It makes you chicken, burger, steaks soft and juicy by limiting the flare-ups.
This grill has a primary cooking space of 420-square-inches. The TRU-Infrared cooking system provides even heat across the grates to avoid poor cookouts.
It also helps to reduce the hot and cold spots effectively. With the Surefire electronic ignition, you can start the grill safely.
Standard quality materials are used in this grill to make it sturdy for heavy use. The cast-iron gates of this grill are coated with porcelain for better durability.
It is also resistant to rust, and you can clean up the food debris without any hassle. It is also very useful to save natural gas with the help of the exclusive Dual Fuel feature.
The main burner provides 25,000 BTUs while the side burner is capable of a maximum of 13,000 BTUs.
This grill is perfect for beginners. However, you can have satisfying grill marks on the foods, and your food tastes delicious as well. You will definitely love to cook with this grill every time.
- Budget-friendly price.
- The product comes with a warranty for different parts.
- Rust-resistant and easy to clean.
- Available with three burners and extra cooking space for mid-size cook-ups.
- The TRU-Infrared cooking system minimizes flare-ups and keeps food juicier.
- Supports the Electric ignition system to start.
- Contains lead components which can cause combustion
8. Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
The main difference between this and other grills is that it comes with 3 burners. If you love to cook comfortably in a spacious area, you must consider this grill.
This grill comes up with an optimum dimension with the porcelain-enameled lid. The grates are also made of porcelain-enameled, cast iron, ensuring the durability and longevity of this grill. The burners are designed with stainless steel.
Along with the 424-square-inches primary cooking area, this grill is available with a 105-square-inches warming rack area.
You can use the side table to keep serving trays and hang the spatula, tong, etc. from the tool hooks. All three burners use liquid propane for grilling. You can easily use this grill for a small family get together or house party.
You can experience an enjoyable grilling with the top-level grilling system. This grill supports infinity ignition to start safely. The falvorizer bars are designed with porcelain so that they can lock more heat.
The advanced grease management system helps you to keep your grill grease-free. With this grill, you are allowed to cook comfortably without compromising with the quality of foods.
This grill has an attractive look with open cart design, which you will love. There is a built-in thermometer that enables you to measure the temperature accurately.
The panel frame and fuel gauge are also two amazing additions to this grill. The durable all-weather wheels make it easy to move from one place to another.
- 10-years warranty for all parts.
- Available with a heat deflector.
- Durable and sturdy structure with an impressive look.
- Spacious enough to cook with 3 burners.
- Compatible with infinity ignition.
- Lead components present in this grill can cause combustion and hazards.
9. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
This grill is available with all the advanced features that enhance your cooking capabilities effectively. Apart from grilling, it is also designed to work as a smoker and roaster.
A 1200-square-inches smoking and roasting basket enables you to cook a 21-lb turkey. You can grill chicken, burgers, steaks, etc. with the removable grills grate easily. TRU-Infrared prevents flare-ups and heats evenly.
This grill has the standard height and weight so that you can carry it effortlessly. The accessible grease helps you to clean the mess quickly.
It has an innovative design supported by four steel legs. You are able to use the side-mounted smoker box without opening the lids.
The Big Easy is a portable griller that is optimized with all the essential features. It has two side-mounted handles that make the unit movable with less effort.
There is a basket lift hook and metal thermometer to measure the temperature of the grill. So, you can cook different types of delicious foods for your guests.
If you want to arrange a BBQ party in your house’s backyard, you can give a thought to have this grill. The TRU-Infrared cooking styles ensure the good taste of the food so you can enjoy your party without worrying.
This is undoubtedly a unique combination of roaster, smoker, and grill, which helps you to cook the best mouth-watering foods.
- 3-in-1 facility within one unit.
- TRU-Infrared technology limits the flare-ups for a better cook-up.
- Portable and easy to clean.
- Temperature control up to 18,000 BTUs.
- It contains hazardous chemicals like TDI
10. Solaire SOL-EV17A Everywhere
- Real infrared ceramic and stainless steel burner with electronic push-button ignition
- 140 square inches of grilling area that fits six 4-inch burgers on special v-grate that improves flavor and virtually eliminates flare-ups
- Use made by 100-plus year old family business
- Grill weighs 15 pounds and measures 20 wide by 13.5 deep by 8.25 inches high with hood down, and 20 wide by 16 deep by 19.5 inches high with hood up
Solaire Everywhere is made of a combination of stainless steel and ceramic for durability and comes with a push-button ignition system which makes it very easy to use the grill.
You just need to fit the handles and bottom feet of the grill, and this grill is ready to serve. With extensive heaters and V-shape grills, the grill is ready to cook within 3 mins.
This grill is ideal for mid-size cooking. If you are planning for an outdoor or indoor party, this grill can increase your cooking capability.
The push-button ignition system makes it easy and safe to start the grill so that you can prepare your favorite foods without any hassle.
- The portable facility of the grill makes it very easy to take it everywhere.
- The fully welded structure is very robust and sturdy.
- Resistant to rust.
- Available with a push-button ignition system.
- A little challenging to clean.
- Small cooking area.
Best Infrared Grill Buying Guide
British Thermal Unit (BTU)
British Thermal Unit is a measure of standard, that is defined as the quantity of heat energy required to increase the temperature of water (one pound) by one degree Fahrenheit, especially from the range thirty-nine degrees to forty degrees.
In the industry, BTU measures the heat given as output by a heating or cooling appliance, and the grilling industry uses BTUs as a measurement of the quantity of heat a grill produces at its maximum output.
You must look for an optimal number of BTUs, especially in the cooking area. If you want a top-notch grill, you must buy a grill that has a rating between fifty to eighty BTUs-per-square-inch.
Also, you must understand that you do not need a higher number of BTUs but need an optimal number as higher BTUs can also mean that energy is wasted. It is so, as today’s infrared grills are exceedingly efficient and don’t need higher BTU output and thus best solid construction and right fit of the lid, must also be considered.
Grills with higher values of BTU-per-square-inch ratings can have poor design and non-concrete construction. Grills with lower values of BTU range than optimal ones are slow in preheating and start to heat back only after opening and closing the lid to tend to your food.
Construction and material
The basic design of construction is the core essence of any infrared grill. Thus, construction, materials used, and the basic framework of the grill is a key essential factor when choosing an infrared grill.
You must ensure that the grill that is bought has a sturdy and robust frame that is large enough for offering support for the cooking box.
Also, You must understand that the best grills have at least a minimum of two burners, and a fitting lid that assures no escaping of heat and offers the best cooking of food and should choose such grills.
The mechanism of ignition of the burner is vital to check. The burner’s ignition mechanism should be made of top-quality material and shouldn’t fail to work appropriately or not be faulty when cases like gas build-up occur.
Usage and comfort
The usage and comfort rendered by the grill is also a must consider factor before buying it. User-friendliness and safety must be in the best interest of the manufacturer.
For example, the handle should be strong, sturdy, and firmly placed, so that it never seems uncomfortable or hot while holding it. Also, the grill controls must be easy to use and handle and be benefitting from using in all circumstances.
Burners and Cooking
The high-end infrared grill must have at least two or more burners that can aid in the precise ignition mechanism and offer the best heating system for proper cooking of the food.
Two or more burners are required for the even distribution of heat that can offer an optimal amount of heat, distributed evenly throughout the surface that, in turn, helps in even cooking of the food, at the same pace in all portions.
A good number of the burners also assure that the heat panels receive efficient energy, by which they can offer an evenly distributed amount of heat to grill the entire food.
Thus, energy efficiency is one of the critical characteristics of infrared grills, which makes it preferable to the traditional gas grill, depends majorly on its burners, too.
Also, the right attention must be offered to choosing the burner of the grills as many burners also have a combination of convection and infrared burners.
For example, the hybrid burners if used to cook, higher temperatures can employ the usage of infrared plates, while the cooking to be done in low temperatures, can switch to convection mode for complete cooking of the food.
You must also check up on the significant fact that the grill is portable. The portability is highly essential as you must be able to move it around. Also, being able to take along in trips wound be an excellent addition on the infrared grill.
Also, having enough space in the grill for all the necessary accessories would be a good feather on the cap. The Napoleon P500RSIBNCH-3 grill offers fantastic features and is very easy to maintain making it one of the most-preferred grills on the market.
Assembling the components of the infrared grills is a hectic task. Now, if you like some DIY then yes, you can get a grill that needs assembly but if you do not like assembling, then I would recommend going for a grill that comes with most the assembly completed.
Thus, along with adding value to money, the grills can also stop adding to your burden.
Best Infrared Grill FAQs
Q1: Are the infrared grills available at one’s budget?
Yes. Infrared grills are available in a range of series of prices, and the best one sticking to the budget can be selected.
Q2: Does higher BTU mean higher heating ability?
No. Higher BTUs can also mean the wastage of energy at times. Optimal BTUs are preferable.
Q3: What are some additional and attractive features available in grills?
LED lights, glow in dark knobs, portability is some additional add-ons you can have in grills.
Q4: Are hybrid burners available?
Yes. Hybrid burners, with a combination of convention and infrared grills, are available.
Owning an appropriate grill, not only lets you serve delicious food to your guests but also enhances your cooking abilities. With Napoleon P500RSIBNCH-3, you get a fantastic grill in which proffers all the facilities and aids you in having a great cooking experience.
On the other hand, Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared is a budget-friendly grill that can be taken around easily to enjoy delicious food.