Here’s what you can expect to see in this guide:
- We’ll introduce the winners right away and provide their results – the Overall Quality Rating. Ninja express chop is our choice as the best express chopper in 2021.
- We’ll get into the nitty-gritty of why they are there, the specifications, and the main PROs and CONs as reported by the customers
- We’ll rinse and repeat the process for each of the entries to the list.
Best Ninja Electric Mini Choppers
One thing to notice about the results – there are no choppers with a side-mounted motor. And let me remind you here – these are the results based on the reviews of the customers.
I want to mention what I repeated over and over on the website – if you are using a chopper, you are better off with an appliance that has either the bowl or motor mounted at the top.
The ones that include the motors on the side involve a lot more friction since they are using belts to transmit the power from the motor to the blades/discs.
Friction = more mechanics included = more heat build-up = shorter lifespan of your appliance.
Just something to think about in case you are looking to get a chopper and none of the ones on the list suit your needs.
Moving on to take a closer look at each of the entries in the table in more depth:
1. Ninja Chopper Master Prep Mini Electric (QB900B)
- interchangeable power pods
- great results with anything from frozen blending to fine chopping
- two jars in convenient sizes
- features a splash guard and a pour spout for easy flipping
- the base is designed using non-slip materials
2. Ninja Express Chop
This entry on our list is not a classic chopper, although Ninja does offer a version called “Ninja Express Chop” which is an adjusted version of the same product designed for chopping.
Having said that, I’ve seen no indications in the reviews I went through that the version Ninja Express Chop of the product does a better job chopping than the basic Ninja Chopper Master Prep Mini (wider choice of options) version.
So, I see no reason to get a version of the product that does only one thing (chopping) as opposed to a version that’s more versatile and just as good at chopping.
Let take some time and see what the users had to say about it:
PROs of Ninja Express Chop:
- It’s better than my old Vitamix processor that cost twice as much and was so much noisier.
- After seeing the TV commercial, I thought this just a gimmick. I am so glad I decided to get it.
- Just what I needed, small, efficient, and quiet.
- It pulverized my ice cubes in just over 20 seconds.
- great value for money. For this price, I didn’t expect much, and that made it even better.
- I got the Ninja after I wore out my Magic Bullet, and the Ninja is bigger and a bit better with all the extra blades that come with it…
- I am 100% honest when I say that I was never more satisfied with a kitchen appliance.
- Quick and easy to clean.
- I used my Ninja to make the smoothest lasagna sauce I ever made.
Ninja Express Chop CONs:
- It was ok until, after only 4 months of use, it mysteriously just wouldn’t turn on.
- Just a cm too close to filling it, and it spills over.
- My smoothies were chunky no matter how much I blended.
Overall Quality Rating of 4.8/5 – that rarely happens with any appliance in this price range no matter how small.
I always have my notepad with me when compiling these reviews, and as an ex Quality Assurance Manager in the Industry, I can spot patterns and critical flaws. I’ve seen none of those in this Ninja, honestly.
It seems like the real deal.
3. Hamilton Beach 72600
- capacity of 3-cup
- compact design, powerful motor (135 W)
- one-touch processing (chopping, blending, pureeing)
- heavy motor and non-slippage materials used for the base make sure the appliance doesn’t move during processing
- safe start feature
- 2-year warranty
The PROs as per the customers:
- I love the added mayonnaise disc. I didn’t think I’d need one, but now that I have, I can’t imagine my kitchen life without it.
- The customer service is friendly, my chopper was not working out of the box, and they replaced it no questions asked, the new one arrived the same week.
- It’s incredibly easy to clean, and it is easy to store.
- Anything that one could ask from this kind of device looks good, works well and reliably, and looks excellent for minimalistic kitchen designs.
- It is my 4th similar appliance and by far the best. It helped me make the best almond butter ever.
- Awesome for the price.
- You can do everything with this little helper from bananas to hard cheese and ice.
- I loved my old Hamilton Beach and was researching for days before finally going with this one and I never regretted the decision. It works just as advertised.
- I got this chopper as a temporary solution for our new house as I was researching one of those big do-it-all processors, and I keep delaying the decision ever since.
- Big bang for your buck.
CONs of some of the less satisfied customers:
- it took me 5 hours to set up.
- I occasionally press the lid unintentionally, and it activates the chopper.
Hamilton Beach is one of the industry brands with a respectable tradition. I wasn’t surprised to see one of their models in the list of winners in this category. I do know for a fact that the motors they put in their appliance are of the highest quality.
And if you get the motor quality and longevity covered, people tend to forgive minor design flaws.
Overall Quality Rating of 4.8 /5.
4. Black & Decker EHC650B Ergo 3-Cup Food Chopper
The fact sheet:
- built by the standards of North America
- two speed pre-sets
- plastic bowl, 3 cup volume
- power of the motor – 150 W
- powerhead designed for more natural one hand use (soft grip design)
- the bowl base can also be used as a lid to store food
- the blades are the highest quality stainless steel
- all parts are safe for a dishwasher
Some of the PROs the consumers are reporting:
- Just what I needed for small jobs, I’ve been using it for a year and a half now, and it works just as well. The only change is that the plastic is becoming a bit yellowish.
- It does just what it says on the box.
- I was obviously wrong when I was judging it by the buck I spent and expecting it to last a few months only…a year now and still going strong.
- Fast delivery, got it the next day.
- It’s so good as a chopper. I wish it came in a bigger size. I would so replace my big food processor with this.
- After 6 months of use, all I can say is – full 5 stars product.
CONs – a few of the most relevant negative reviews:
- It died after the second use. I am sending this back.
- It’s not as good as I expected, especially if you want to use it for dicing.
- Doesn’t come close to my old Ninja, throwing this away and getting myself another Ninja chopper.
Here, we have something a bit different compared to the two previous entries to the list.
When I say this I primarily mean it’s obviously built for lighter tasks.
Still, the Overall Quality Rating compiled from the customer review is 4.6 / 5.
5. Hamilton Beach 72860
The fact sheet of the chopper:
- one of the few choppers with a glass bowl
- easy to use – press the lid to start and release it to stop
- blades are the finest stainless steel
- designed with a cord storage
- dishwasher safe
Some of the most relevant PROs as per the customers:
- Fantastic value for the little money it costs.
- It’s just as good as the Breville that died on me a few months back and cost 5 times less.
- Finally, somebody thinking straight about the bowl when making these things, my old chopper had the smell of onions 3 months in, try making a strawberry smoothie in that. Worth it just for the bowl.
- Safe for my child since the lid has to be on to start.
- Chops evenly without pulverizing the food.
- loud little thing.
This review took a lot of time to compile since I was looking left and right for reviews and mentions to get enough of a sample for the model to be applicable.
But I’m happy I did as it turned out to be one of the winners.
Overall Quality Rating of 4.5 / 5.
6. KitchenAid KFC3511GA
- perfect size for single servings
- versatile – works well for anything from making sauces to chopping
- compact modern design
- the blade is stainless steel
- volume 3.5 cups (bowl is BPA-free certified)
- speed – 2 pre-sets for chopping and pureeing
- bowl and lid are safe for dishwasher use
- 8 color choices
PROs as reported by the consumer reviews:
- This one is a looker, real eye candy, especially if you don’t like the same old black and grays.
- Shipped very fast and works just as described.
- Very quiet for the power it packs, it’s better than I expected.
- I do still love my food processor, but unless you have a big kitchen to keep it on the counter at all times, it gets old getting it out every time you need a little something. This chopper was just the thing I need for those times.
- So small, perfect for small portions of baby food.
- Cleans up super easy, which is a huge plus for me.
- It’s great that it’s so easy to take apart and assemble, very handy for traveling with a baby.
- A testimony of how little you really need, I don’t feel the difference between this and my old chopper that was twice as big and three times as expensive.
- Chopped onions in a couple of seconds. No tears and the results are even, not pulverized much like with my old B&D.
- it didn’t seem that way when I got it, but it’s very durable, a year of use, and not a single crack.
- I’m changing my favorite kitchen brands. I was huge on Braun products until I got this cheap little thing. Fantastic balance between, price, functionality, and quality. Thank you.
Some of the negatives the customers have seen – the CONs:
- It arrived with cracks in the plastic. I am waiting for a new one.
- They got it wrong with the pressure needed for it to work. You need to really press hard. I called, and customer service said that’s not how it was supposed to be, but after 10 days, and I’m still waiting for a replacement.
- Nah, not that well made.
One of the smallest and best-looking choppers on the list. Most of the other entries you can use for batches of food for at least a couple of people, but this KitchenAid is for single servings – just something to bear in mind.
Overall Quality Rating of 4.5/5 – solid value for the money.
Chopper vs. Processor
As we are wrapping things up in this guide, let’s take a step back and look at a few scenarios when a chopper would be the preferred choice:
- Firstly, when you live alone or in a household of two and only need smaller batches
- Secondly, when you have a small kitchen, and you don’t need a food processor every day, so you store it between uses – a chopper is a great solution here, you won’t have to take out that beastly food processor every time you need something chopped or pureed
- Besides that, use it when you just love having a small handy thing like a mini chopper because you don’t want to clean your food processor every time you crave a smoothie
One thing that I’ve seen over and over in reviews is this – people telling stories about having both and ending up using the chopper much more – up to the point where they feel sorry for spending the big bucks for the food processor.
So, before making a buying decision, take a moment to think about your needs.
That’s pretty much it folks. What you have on this page are the best of the best in small electric choppers. You can hardly go wrong with any of these.
Just take a look at the list and think it worked out pretty nicely – a little something for every taste. Especially when it comes to design, from minimalistic Krups to cheerful and colorful KitchenAid.