If you love barbeque dishes but don’t have enough space or you want better portability and accessibility, then the best tabletop grill is exactly what you need.
But choosing from thousands of brands and models can be tedious and confusing and that’s where we come in. We reviewed around 20 tabletop grills and picked out the top 6 to buy in 2022.
6 Best Tabletop Grills Reviewed
1. Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill
- Total cooking area = 280 Square Inches
- Stainless steel burner puts out 12,000 BTU-per-hour
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- Electronic ignition with built in thermometer
- Two folding work tables
This an all-around Table-top grill manufactured from one of the best names in the barbecue industry – Weber a.k.a, a renowned name in every household. There’s no doubt; it can become “The Heart of Every Meal” emphasized by the users.
It comes with Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates that provide even heat distribution. A feature that makes it stand out from other table-top grills in the market.
Apart from this, it has a cast aluminum lid and a body that provides extended durability and more shelf life to the grill, so that it has an extended life.
It is designed in a way to furnish perfection. Two folding work tables complimented by a removable catch pan and an infinite control burner valve, is that perfection or what?
It also has a Built-in lid thermometer which allows you to monitor temperatures inside the grill effectively.
Moreover, if compared to other table-top grills, its design gives you an excellent grilling service with a compact overall size which makes it worthwhile to cook foods and is portable at the same time.
The grill runs on disposable LP cylinders, but an optional LP adapter hose of 20-lb. Tanks are available as an accessory. Also, a seamless burner is your assurance of durability and long-lasting performance.
It also has a Glass-reinforced nylon frame which provides stiffness to the food when being cooked. Given all of its features at an affordable price-point and years old trust of Weber, we have chosen it as the best table-top available in the market.
Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill undoubtedly owns its place here in the comparison. One of its most significant advantages is a large cooking area for a portable grill, and the full open gas grilling gets you as close as possible to “real” grilling.
Other features like a lid thermometer are present which helps you measure the temperature effectively while a dripping tray saves food from dripping from the grill, in turn, making the tedious task of cleaning easier.
You will also find 2 Cooking Grates, Electronic Ignition, a good Burner, Side Tables, a Disposable LP Cylinder and a Portable Cart makes its performance and work-flow flawless.
Plastic Side tables can be blazed out easily if the user is somewhat unconscious. There are steel side tables in the market which you buy to exchange the plastic ones. But again, it comes as an additional expense.
So all-in-all it is the best table-top grill that you can go for.
2. Weber 51040001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- One Stainless Steel Burner Produces 8500 BTU-Per-Hour To Heat 189 Square-Inch Total Cooking Area
- Porcelain-Enameled Cast-Iron Cooking Grates And Cast Aluminum Lid And Body
- Built-in lid thermometer, folding side tables, glass-reinforced nylon frame and removable catch pan
- Dimensions - lid closed and tables out (inches): 15.5 H x 40.9 W x 16.5 D. Easy-Start Electronic Ignition And Infinite Control Burner Valve Settings
- Uses Disposable 14.1 Or 16.4 oz LP Cylinder (Sold Separately) and fully Assembled Out Of Box
This Weber table-top grill is one of its kind. And, this is one of the reasons it stands as a runner-up in this list of best table-top grills. It comes with six color variations and has less weight and high portability compared to the former Weber grill we discussed above.
By considering tradition, adding a pinch of Innovation, enhanced Performance, and sublime Service, Weber released this grill in the market.
It comes with a Stainless-Steel Burner which is quite efficient for the 189 square-inch total cooking area. It also comes with a built-in Lid thermometer which enables the user to monitor the temperature effectively.
The addition of folding chair tables makes it more portable, whereas the glass-reinforced nylon frame adds charms to cooking usability by providing stiffness to the material.
It also has a Cast Aluminum Lid and Body which makes it more durable than other table-top grills in the market, as it helps protect the cooking area.
When it comes to the gas supply, it uses a disposable cylinder which comes out to be your additional purchase. It contains front and rear cradles, electronic ignition, and convenient lighting which adds to its compactness.
If you want a convenient grill at a somewhat lower price point, with less weight, and smaller size, this comes out to be your weapon of choice.
If you are looking for a smaller option that shows excellent performance and is affordable, this is the right choice. When compared to Q2200, it has 48% less grilling space than it. Unlike Q2200, it has various color options, is less heavy, and is easy to assemble.
It has a great build and is ideal for home and family events. That’s why it has a place in this position. In the end, if you do decide to go for the Q1200, you are going to love it, because it’s truly amazing.
3. Blackstone Tabletop Grill
- Make your outdoor adventures a delicious affair with Blackstone 22" tabletop griddle. This portable griddle has everything you need to whip up a smorgasbord of eggs, crunchy hash browns, crispy bacon and fluffy pancakes all at the same time.
- Portable convenience: Whether you are cooking in your backyard or out in nature, make sure to take this lightweight, versatile flat top griddle with you. Thanks to the compact size, you can carry it for barbecue get-together, tailgating, fishing, pool parties, and more.
- Cook for one, cook for all: 339 Sq. Inch cooking surface and 24,000 BTUs of heat mean all your cooking challenges will be met quickly. The large space of our outdoor griddle is perfect for cooking eggs, hash browns, bacon, French toast and other things yum!
- Powerful "H" burners for even heat: This heavy duty griddle is powered by two "H" style burners that ensure optimal heat distribution and even cooking. Both the burners feature built-in igniters and can be controlled independently, allowing you to cook food at different temperatures.
- Innovative grease management system: If you plan on cooking bacon or any other juicy meats, clean up can be tedious. Luckily, our heavy-duty flat griddle features a rear grease trap that collects all the mess and makes after-cooking clean up a breeze.
One of the most popular tabletop grills is here. It has great size, portable, easy to assemble, cool controls, and what not? You say it; this grill has it.
It comes in two variations – 17 inches and 22 inches for both types of users. Former being the compact, a portable grill that helps cooks excellent food and latter being large as well as portable.
It has a large 330 sq. Inches are the cooking surface on the 22-inch model. This empowers the machine to cook a full meal very quickly. To add to its functionality, it has options to adjust its heat zones which helps any food gets cooked in the best possible way.
The grill is complemented by a Rear Grease Management System which consists of a built-in grease channel and catch which pulls out the grease away from your food.
With a heavy-duty cooking surface and two independently controlled burners, it’s realistic for cooking everything from mouth-watering streaks to stir fry. It is also rated #1 Best Seller in “Grill Griddles”.
When it comes to portability, fun controls, handling, and portability options, it comes out to be the best option to consider. You can take it out with you when you’re out for a party, camping or you can use it when you’re at your place.
Though, it lacks a little in cooking surface and number of burners as compared to its competitors. It makes up for it in its quality, durability, and heating.
4. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Tabletop Grill
- Portable gas grill with 145-square-inch grilling area and foldaway legs
- Cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish
- Powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate
- Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet set up in seconds; integrated lid lock keeps lid secure
- Pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle; weighs 13.5 pounds
This sleek and lightweight design made by Cuisinart is a popular name in the market.
It brings an astonishing combination of the powerful yet portable machine which can bring a smile to the face of the user. It just weighs around 13 pounds and comes with three color variations, which adds to your choice.
You can use it in the kitchen, the backyard of your home, back of your car, at camp, or anywhere else. It’s so much easier to use and can be carried anywhere you want with effortlessness.
It comes with aluminum legs that provide stability, an integrated lid lock that keeps the lid firm when cooking the food on the grill. It also has a briefcase-style carrying handle that complements its portability.
It can cook up to 8 burgers, eight steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish all at one go. Also, its small size makes it more energy-efficient than larger grills as the compact size keeps the heat near the cooking surface.
You should go with it if you want an energy saver and the most portable grill for small parties.
Cuisinart’s CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill is the best option if you’re looking for an energy saver and the most portable grill for small parties and small gatherings. Give it a shot. It’s a great deal at a low price.
5. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU
- GAS GRILL: Powered by liquid propane gas, this grill runs on a 1-pound propane gas tank, not included. It reaches cooking temperatures quickly, delivers high temps and maintains even heat.
- COOKING TECHNOLOGY: The Amplifire cooking system grills juicier food, eliminates guesswork and prevents flare-ups. Our emitter plate transfers heat from the flame directly to the grate, vaporizes drippings and sends the flavor back into your food.
- COOKING AREA: Grill up to 8 burgers, 4 chicken breasts or 12 brats on the 200-square-inch grate.
- BTU RATING: This grill has a 9,500 BTU rating. *BTU is a measurement of energy used by your grill and is not related to how hot it will get. Grills with lower BTUs burn less fuel to cook your food.
- GRATES: Steel grates are porcelain-coated to resist rust and make them easier to clean. They’re lightweight, retain heat to cook food evenly and leave impressive grill marks.
Another light-weight and compact size tabletop grill, this is an Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill which is roadworthy and built to travel easily.
It is made up of durable material that provides its strength and rigidity to last longer than any other light-weight competitor.
It is graced with a High-impact frame with legs and carry handles which makes it rigid and bold. This grill comes up with a No flare-up TRU-Infrared cooking system which eliminates flare-ups.
It is made up of a Cast aluminum firebox, and a lid with stainless latches switch assures quality cooked food which waters the mouth of your friends and relatives at the party.
It also has a wide cooking surface of around 200 square inches and weighs just about 20 pounds. It is compatible with 1lb propane tanks, which connect directly to the side of the grill.
This comes out to be the best choice if you are seeking a compact, rigid, on-the-go cooking grill. It has fantastic build quality which makes it very durable. But unlike other grills, it misses temperature control options.
It can be the best alternative for the BBQ dishes as it produces high grilling temperatures and also does even distribution of heat throughout its cooking surface.
It is light-weight, easy to use, rigid, and portable. If you want portability with durability, this should be your choice. Go with it if you plan for outdoor parties more often. This grill is also one of the best choices for infrared grills.
6. Coleman Party Propane Grill
- Grill Cleaner Spray - Parker & Bailey BBQ Grill Cleaner & Degreaser is great for cleaning baked on grease and food on inside and outside grill surface. It can also be used as a cleaning spray for a grill grate, drip pan, microwave and grill tools.
- Advanced Formula - This BBQ cleaner is formulated to be phosphate and streak free. It dissolves to clean tough, burned on grease, oil and food without leaving behind any residue. It is safe for food prep surfaces so the area will be non-stick and clean.
- Multipurpose Cleaner - This multi-surface cleaner is a useful cleaner and grease remover that can be used as an indoor or outdoor cleaner. It can be used on various hard surfaces such as an oven, stovetop, cookware, Traeger, barbeque grill and more.
- Easy To Use - This heavy duty spray cleaner was developed for grease and food removal. Cleaner wipes away without leaving residue. Rinse with water as needed for a clean shine. Metal scrubber or brush can be used to scrub grill grates or oven rack.
- Convenient - For a fast, quick shine apply this all-purpose BBQ cleaning solution to grill rack, griddle and other cooking accessories. This powerful liquid works a miracle on baked on goop from food, cutting through tough grease and other stuff.
Coleman brought this Party Propane Grill for users who often go Camping and want an ultra-lightweight grill which is to the point and for just 2-4 people. One can use it for Camping, Picnics, and tailgating activities.
It has a lesser cooking area of around 122 sq. Inches. It has an InstaStart push-button for convenient lighting instantly.
It has an adjustable burner which lets you adjust the heat as per your need. It lasts up to 2.5 hours on high on a single 16.4-ounce propane cylinder.
The dimensions are 13.2 x 13.4 x 7 inches, and it weighs just 6 pounds which makes it the lightest tabletop grill in our comparison.
Its size gives it the advantage to be taken anywhere you want easily, and therefore you can purchase it as an alternative to your big tabletop grill, if not as a replacement.
Coleman has also introduced The PerfectFlow Technology which is specially designed to reduce problems with the wind blowing out of the flame. It also helps in even heat distribution so that the cooking surface gets even heat everywhere on the surface.
Due to its modern design and problem-solving approach, this grill by Coleman makes its place here on our list.
If you want a very easy-to-use grill that is accessible by all and very easy to transport, this should be your choice.
It is small and elegant and with many new controls and features which other grill companies haven’t introduced yet like the InstaStart button and The PerfectFlow Technology.
This makes it a sure-shot purchase by anyone who wants their grill to be modern yet elegant and small and of course, portable or should we say, the most portable, indeed.
If you’re looking for a cheap tabletop grill, then this will fit your pocket. This grill is worth every penny you spend on it – “Value for Money”.
Best Tabletop Grill Buyer’s Guide
Before buying any tabletop grill, you need to think about these factors so that you can buy a grill that fits your needs. Please go and check it out below to make the ideal purchase.
Size of the grill
The cooking area is the place where your grill will be placed. If it’s large, you can cook for more people, and if it’s small, you can cook for a bunch of people. The cooking area is expressed in terms of square inches.
In the case of the tabletop grill, size ranges from around 120 – 350 square inches. Being portable and easy to use, they have fewer cooking areas for food to get cooked.
If you prefer portability above anything else and have fewer family members or go out with fewer friends for an outing or camping, then you can prefer any tabletop grill with around 120 – 150 sq. Inches in size.
But, if you want to do tailgating and backyard parties with your family, relatives, or friends, you should go with a bigger one with around 250 – 350 sq. Inches in size. This type of grills enables the user to cook food for more people.
Weight of the Grill
The weight of the grill is one of the most significant factors to consider while deciding to purchase the grill.
If you want it for backyard or tailgating, you need a big and rigid grill whereas when you are more into camping and outing with a small group of people, a small grill is preferred due to its portability.
Color, Design, and Size Variations
Every person loves it when they get plenty of options so that they can choose their own.
Similarly, Various tabletop grill companies have introduced a wide variety of color options in the market. You can check with the grill how many numbers of color variants available.
Much like indoor and kitchen appliances, an increasing number of custom colors are introduced each year in the grill lineup. Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Titanium are just a sampling of color choices.
These models often use stainless steel as an accent color, providing striking contrast in the overall grill design. When it comes to design, an ideal tabletop grill should have a design that is compact, sleek, and easy-to-handle.
Also, the user must check if the grill comes up with Porcelain-Enameled cast-iron cooking grates, Cast Aluminum Lid, and Body.
Some of the grill companies have brought the option of size variations which gives users the option to choose as per their need. If you are a small family, one should go with the smaller size, and if you have a more prominent family, you should go with the bigger size.
These days, most of the grills come up with a built-in thermometer which enables the user to make heat adjustments as per his/her requirements.
If the heat adjustment options are not available in grills, it becomes tough to measure the temperature while cooking and monitor it. You will have to change the temperature, again and again, using your open palm.
So, consider this point while making the purchase. Most of the grills now come up with the in-built thermometer these days.
Material of Build
Every material has its own specialty; if the grill is made up of plastic, it’s going to be light, if it’s going to be made up of stainless tell, aluminum, it’s going to be sturdy and heavy in weight if it’s made up of both plastic and steel, it becomes a right combination of light-weight and rigidity.
Sometimes plastic material heats up easily and can get your machine in bad shape soon if not handled with care.
Every grill has a capacity of using heat in BTU/hr. (British thermal units per hour). It tells you about how much heat a grill can create. You may think that more BTU/hr. It is better and more the BTU/hr. The faster the food will get cooked.
Also, more BTU/hr. may use more energy and would be less energy efficient than other grills. Always, look for a preheating test (cooking test) of the grill on the internet before making a purchase.
Before purchase, keep in mind that for gas grills, burners are the most changed part. Good burners can even work for over 5+ years, but the bad ones may collapse in a year or two.
Burners that come with a warranty of 10 years may last longer than those with no guarantee. Though it’s easy to replace, it still adds additional cost. It would be great to go with a grill that comes with a warranty.
Best Tabletop Grill FAQs
Q1: How much surface cooking do I need?
Many tabletop grills are big enough to cook for a group of 2 to 4 people, but some can cook for even 6-7 people. It would be best if you considered this while making the purchase. Generally, the more significant the cooking surface is, the more food you’ll be able to cook.
Q2: What kind of burners do I need?
Generally, one should go with burners made up of stainless steel, since aluminum will burn out and cast iron will eventually rust. Also, check for the rating of stainless steel. Stainless steel with a rating of 18-8, or 304 grades, is the best for corrosion resistance.
Q3: What kind of Ignition do tabletop grills have in them?
These days, most of the tabletop grills with spark ignition systems like InstaStart push-button on Coleman Party Propane Grill. Some of the spark ignition systems run on batteries, and the rest of them use a dial to ignite the spark or friction of a push button.
Q4: What options do I have as fuel, Natural Gas, or propane?
Tabletop grills just run on propane. If you want to use natural gas, you should get a gas line to your house which is not at all portable, to give the grill portability, propane cylinders are a must.
Q5: Which material should I look for?
Obviously, one should go with the light-weight option but it’s not that easy to choose. Light-weight materials are also prone to get damaged easily. On the other side, heavy materials provide rigidity and longevity to the machine.
The best durable materials are cast aluminum, cast iron, enameled steel, and stainless steel.
Q6: What kind of Fuel Tank Do I need?
Most travel grills come with small camping size propane cylinders, which are great for a couple of meals. But in the long run, it’s a great option to purchase a conversion kit for a 20-pound propane tank. It costs around 100 bucks.
If you have a small family and often do backyard parties, you should go with a grill that has a good built quality and is made up of quality materials like steel or enameled steel.
Apart from these options, if you are the one who goes camping more often than anything else, then handling the weight with other belongings is tough, so you can choose a grill option that is light-weight and compact.
But it will be only able to cook for 3-4 people. And also, these types of grills are generally made up of less durable materials like plastic. Weber is a very renowned name in the market, and it has undoubtedly won the hearts of its customers.
Blackstone’s Tabletop Grill comes with all the versatility, portability, head adjustments option similar to Weber 2200, but it misses features like ignition systems and temperature control mechanisms like Weber.
It also misses out with lid options as it just has an open flat surface without any lid.
If you go camping more often than anything else and have a less budget, then you should go with Cuisinart CGG-180T or Coleman Party Propane Grill should be your option. You should go with them as they are small, light-weight and easy to start with and carry.