These date truffles would make a delicious gift that’s also loaded with nutrients. A gift that’s playful enough for a child and sophisticated enough for an adult.
Is it gifting season right now?
It always is.
Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are right around the corner. So are Mayday, Cinco de Mayo and Just Because Day.
I mean, really, gifting opportunities are everywhere.
Don’t miss them.
Make someone smile.
And, well, I firmly believe that sweepingly delicious gifts ought to be offered to oneself first.
Date Truffles Recipe
(Yields 9 truffles)
- ¾ cup date paste (date paste recipe)
- ½ cup pecan chips (or other finely chopped nuts)
- ¼ cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup melted bittersweet chocolate
Step 1: Combine all of the ingredients, except those for coating, in a mixing bowl. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.
To coat the truffles:
1: Place the cocoa powder in a shallow dish and roll the truffles in the coating.
2. Dip the truffles in melted chocolate and allow it to harden 30 minutes or so before serving.