Liquid gold in a bottle. Precious, precious for your health.
Assemble your salad. Green apples. Cucumbers. Endives.
Drizzle with a drop, after drop, after a drop of gold.
Cucumber and Green Apple Salad with Argan Oil Recipe
I chose to keep the dressing simple because argan oil is so tasty and nutty that I wanted it to be the star of the salad and not be overshadowed by other flavors.
To me, it is a one of a kind oil that tastes like liquid almonds, very nutty, subtly fruity and captivating. Argan oil has become very hip in upscale European restaurants in recent years, and I totally see why.
It also has tremendous health benefits. As a substitute, you may use walnut or sesame oil.
- 1 large green apple, julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 small endive (optional)
- 1 navel orange, segmented (How to supreme citrus)
- Almonds, for garnish (optional)
- Argan oil, about 2 tablespoons
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Simply assemble the salad in a bowl. Add the argan oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, if you wish. Toss and serve.
1 thought on “Green n’ Gold: Apple and Cucumber Salad with Argan Oil”
Wow! I must try this!