By narrowing down your search for the best coffee maker to OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker vs Bonavita BV1900TS comparison, choosing the best suitable option will be made relatively easier. This is exactly what this comparison guide will help you to do while taking into account your current needs.
Disclaimer: The content of this post contains affiliate links that may earn us a commission. This is to support free content creation for this website without affecting the price you pay.
As of now, we have numerous coffee making machines competing for your attention and purchase. Nonetheless, these machines aren’t all made equal.
Below are the quick links to see more reviews of these products.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- SPECIALTY COFFEE AT HOME: Bonavita’s flagship coffee maker brews a full carafe in about 6 minutes; The artisan café style brewer has a compact design and is great for coffee lovers to use in their kitchen or office
- AWARD WINNING RESULTS: Golden Cup Standard Coffee Maker is curated with features to mimic the artisan pour-over brewing method; Flat bottom filter basket leaves less mess and large showerhead creates perfect flavor for cafe quality coffee
- BETTER FLAVOR, FAST: Powerful 1500W heater maintains professional recommended brewing temp of 198°-205°F (91°-96°C) for optimal flavor extraction; Stainless steel thermal carafe is durable and double-walled to keep coffee’s ideal temperature longer
- TASTE THE DIFFERENCE: Showerhead and filter basket work in harmony to evenly saturate coffee grounds for uniform flavor extraction; Optional Pre-Infusion Mode allows fresh roasted coffee to bloom before brewing to enhance its flavor
- BREW WITH BONAVITA: Our coffee brewers and kettles create enriching and delicious coffee experiences without fuss; As your trusted home barista, our appliances are designed to fit with all kitchen decors and deliver great brews all day, every day – cup after cup!
A number of them make very bad coffee. For this reason, you should choose something out of the options of makers that are SCAA proven and trusted. Having one of them guarantees that perfect cup of coffee daily. Hence, this article is here to help your quest for the best coffee maker you need.
So, join us as we do a review of a Bonavita coffee maker and an Oxo Brew 9 Cup coffee maker. An OXO coffee maker review and a Bonavita coffee maker review will help you better weigh your options and see what works for you.
Other Top Rated Coffee Makers To Consider
- OXO brew 8-cup coffee maker with single-serve capability
- Bialetti Kitty espresso coffee maker (4 cup)
- De’Longhi ECP3420 bar pump espresso and cappuccino
- Bonavita Connoisseur 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker
- Technivorm Moccamaster 59616 kbg 10-cup coffee maker
We have high hopes that this journey will be eventful for you.
Best Coffee Maker Buying Guide
Many baristas, as well as coffee enthusiasts, have lost faith in drip machines lately. In place of this, modern contraptions like that of Aeropress and pour have begun to dominate the standard system of brewing.
Nonetheless, the dismissal given to the age-long drip machine cannot be totally fair. This is because the method is not terrible in itself.
The SCAA—or SCA as presently called—has put together an important list comprising top coffee making machines that meet the standards of topnotch baristas.
To be worthy of such a list, the machines therein have met the objective requirements looked out for. Some of these requirements are duration, extraction, and temperature. Yearly tests exist wherein manufacturers are allowed to put in their latest models. Of course, only the best coffee maker according to their judgments scales to the main list.
What Do The Criteria Entail?
The old models just heated your water then emptied it on the grounded beans. The quality drip machines we have today give gauges for temperature, plus a level of pre-infusion. Both options yield better coffees.
However, there are other pertinent steps that are crucial to making top quality machines. In line with this, the body of SCAA has explained the rudiments of a precise list of criteria that those coffee machines must meet. The content of this list is shown below:
- Its extraction method: Extraction can be quite technical. However, SCAA defines that it requires your machine making great coffee always
- Machines able to brew at degrees up to 200: The acceptable degrees of temperature for brewing are about 195-205 Fahrenheit/ 90-96 Celsius. In addition, such a brewer must have the ability to retain a constant temperature for about half an hour after its brewing cycle ends.
- The factor of Pre-Infusion: This isn’t among the criteria that are objective and utilized by the SCAA. However, this step is important and shouldn’t be excluded from having an excellent brewing practice. This point has to do with the method of dampening your grounds inside heated water so that remnant carbon-dioxide from the previous roasting can be released. Excellent coffee machines that drip has the pre-infusion process.
- The machine’s Speed: The machine shouldn’t do a cycle under four minutes nor above eight minutes before a drawdown.
To continue with our OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker vs Bonavita BV1900TS review, the following points of comparison will be considered:
How do they match up against each other?
It is our wish that you get to make wonderful coffee in the comfort of your home. This wish does not neglect the ability of the drip maker which is quite infamous. The infamous quality does not have to be quite so.
The two brewing machines do it at a temperature that is ideal in degrees Fahrenheit—197.6-204.8. This quality gives them a certification spot by SCAA, thus showing that both drip machines produce wonderful coffee. For a better outlook, it should be noted that the association possesses years of research, facts, and know-how about improving standards set for machines.
This way, you are guaranteed to brew wonderful coffee in your house.
These two makers that drip adds excellence to the already easy world of such machines.
Nonetheless, Bonavita stays with manual regulations that are simple, while OXO has settings that can be programmed for the sake of improved convenience. If you seek convenience, the latter has automatic-on so that you can make instant coffee in the morning. Here’s how to use it.
Now, we analyze the brains and brewing patterns of both drip makers that have been approved by the SCAA.
Your typical Bonavita coffee maker makes a good, well-flavored coffee due to its basket for filtration that is U-shaped. This design ensures that the grounds are well saturated. To confirm this, a check on the filtration basket shows equal allotment ranging from its sides to its core.
On the other hand, the typical OXO Brew 9-Cup Coffee Maker has a filter that is shaped like a cone. This way, the weight of saturation centers in its middle.
It is known knowledge that drip makers which include the manual “hybrid” and the automatics that pour (e.g. Chemex) can pose a problem with even coffee extraction. Hence, Bonavita’s performance gets more praise for its work.
Both machines are identified in accordance with the sizes of their cups. Nonetheless, the everyday world of coffee can be quite tricky. The US standard is used for the measurements of cups for coffee, at six ounces. For bakers, they use the eight-ounce measurement. Europeans use 4.25 as their measurement cup for coffee.
Nonetheless, both brewers utilize five ounces as a measurement for one coffee cup. This is why this article’s website will showcase measurements in ounces. The reservoir of Bonavita is measured at forty ounces, while that of OXO is forty-five. Hence, in terms of size, OXO offers you more than a cup.
In this, OXO means what the name says. The automated-on feature that can be programmed is a major part of a home coffee brewer. Programming this isn’t hard. One simply presses for a while and then spins the machine’s dial into a preferred time. It is also possible to set your clock timer and then change your brewing quantity from a range of two to nine cups.
There is no need for a component that heats because it has its own steel heating carafe. This carafe keeps your cup of coffee splendidly for up to one hour.
One other feature in this OXO is its “pause” feature and then “pour”. The process of brewing stops when this carafe is removed so that your glass can be poured halfway. But, a certain quantity of coffee has been noticed to drip when this carafe is removed. After pouring, ensure you replace within a minute for the resumption of brewing so as to avoid beginning the brewing from the beginning.
Though not quite brainy, OXO has included a kind of tube for mixing that is silicone. This tube moves your brewed content from your carafe’s top opening to your pot’s bottom. This way, the coffee brew is properly mixed.
Though Bonavita is structured with regulations that are basic, it possesses missing in OXO. This is pre-infusion. Pre-infusion is loved because it makes for better consistency and extraction of flavor. With it, you get well-flavored and bright coffee every morning.
Again, coffee that drips needn’t be so terrible to you. You must manually start that pre-infusion; after which it goes into your process of brewing. This shouldn’t be strange due to the fact that Bonavita doesn’t have an automated-on operation. Sincerely, starting it is easy, but has more work than putting on your pot and allowing it to brew. That half a minute we are sure you can spare on crazy mornings is perfect for such a feature.
Bonavita coffee maker has a steel casing that is brushed and has dark accents that are matte. This way, your machine looks timeless. This matching steel that is lined with a carafe that is thermal keeps your cup of coffee steaming for one hour.
The product doesn’t have carafes that are lined with glass anymore, but this reduced the coffee’s quality. The sole issue noted is that it hinders the whole content from coming out. You would be glad, however, to note that a test has shown that only about 0.75 measurements in ounces are the remnant.
We proffer a solution of tilting your carafe to about forty-five degrees above your cup so that most of the coffee is dispensed
OXO Brew 9-Cup coffee maker possesses the steel and glossy dark body that Bonavita has. The latter’s display has a digital and modern feature of expedient technology seen on many products of today. Its greatest feature is still the luxurious “pour” with the “pause” option.
We’ve also said that its only disadvantage is the presence of a little dripping. However, since there is no element for heating that can burn your coffee, cleaning the machine is very easy.
More Drip Coffee Makers To Consider
While still on the OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker vs Bonavita BV1900TS review, here are some other coffee machines that drip which can be considered:
1. Behmor Brazen Plus 2.0
This maker has a carafe that is thermal. It is a very high-tech maker with numerous features with which you can customize your brewing experience up to standards.
The pre-heated water inside the reservoir made of steel is remarkable; it maximizes the consistency of temperature. You would also love its large showerhead useful for optimal saturation of grounds.
Behmor yields coffee that is excellently extracted and flavored. It brews eight cups of coffee in a period of twelve minutes, which makes it quite slow compared to other brewers satisfied by the SCA.
Those other brewers get faster because of the reservoir’s pre-heating of water. You can program it’s time to start and pre-soak, plus its temperature of the water too.
You can also utilize Behmor together with your preferred coffee machine that pours-over manually. An example of this is “Chemex” which has a function to be released manually.
Behmor machines are 15.25″ tall and are also 9″ w x 9″ d. Its reservoir has to be filled from some heights and thus you need a clearance of cabinet that is high.
If not, one will be required to remove it from beneath your cabinets in order to fill it again. It offers good features of makers that are premium. There is a total regulation of the temperature of the water, time for pre-infusion, and delay/start that can be programmed.
- Its style of calibration has altitude.
- Its reservoir for water is steel.
- You can delay brewing for heating water solely.
- It is quite a very expensive brewer certified by SCAA.
- Its brewing time is quite slow.
2. Technivorm Moccamaster 59616 KBG Coffee Brewer
- Perfect Coffee Every Time: This pump-free coffee maker heats water to the correct temperature for coffee extraction
- Easy to Use: The Moccamaster brews a full 40 oz pot of coffee in 4-6 minutes using one switch
- Quiet and Safe: The Moccamaster KBG quietly brews your coffee and automatically turns off after 100 minutes
- Quality Materials: Moccamasters last a lifetime. We use BPA/BPS/BPF and Phthalate free plastics and durable stainless steel and aluminum
- Delicious Coffee and Peace of Mind: Moccamaster coffee brewers have a 5-year warranty
This machine having a glassy carafe has proven to be beloved amongst many brewers certified by the SCAA. It is among the top-rated in today’s market.
It has a little bit of retro but classic design that is simple, together with some whistles/bells. Its popularity comes from its ability to make quality coffee for a long-lasting time.
Technivorm has a lot of models—carafes that can be thermal or glassy, and many colors. They even have the model of a single cup. All these models have been approved by SCAA.
This particular model can brew about ten cups under a space of eight minutes; and a minimum of two cups as preferred. It has an on and off switch that is simple and fast in brewing that morning cup. This is partly because of its special copper element of heating water.
It doesn’t provide a programmed regulator or timer over the temperature of water or time for blooming. However, the model has an automated drip pause function. It also has an automated off time after about two hours. It has a dimension of 12.75″ w x 6.50″ d x 14″ h.
Technivorm is from Netherland, made to accurate standards. They are very much loved amongst automatic makers. Whatever is deficient in its nonexistent programmable functions is made accurate in its top-quality brew and long-lasting.
Moccamaster has been around a while and features as one amongst the numerous, very upscale makers in town.
Nonetheless, its nonexistent automated-start function, considering its price, is a worry from diverse reviews. But when compared against its dependability and its longevity, the maker is worth a purchase.
- It is a top-quality product made by hand from the Netherlands.
- SCAA certifies its styles/colors.
- Its interface is simple to use.
- It has the function for “brew”, and then “pause”.
- It was made to be long-lasting.
- It is quite expensive compared to some other machines.
- It gives one minimal.
- It has no automated-start feature.
3. Ninja Specialty CM407
- Specialty brew: brew super-rich Coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiato, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- Iced Coffee: brew fresh over ice for flavorful Iced Coffee that's never watered down
- 6 brew sizes: brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half carafe or a full carafe in your Coffee maker
- Fold-away frother: turns hot or cold milk into silky-smooth froth
- No Pods Required: Up to 200 dollars in annual savings using grounds vs. pods Based on a 2.5-cup daily average consumption of popular coffee brands
This maker, having a frother that can be frothed away and a carafe that is thermal, is quite a recent addition to SCA’s list of brewers. It has a beautiful design, a good carafe, plus a gold-like cup peculiar to the maker alone, and having a come-with frother.
These make Ninja a wonderful option for lovers of coffee that are lace with milk.
Its “Specialty” model can brew about ten cups in ten minutes. It possesses six sizes for brewing, ranging from one cup up to a fully loaded carafe.
It also has four styles for brewing, ranging from the classic to the iced kind of coffee. It has a one serve brew specialty that is based on milk. It also possesses a pause feature with which one can steal coffee quickly before your brewing process finishes.
The maker’s reservoir for water is removable. It has a cone filtration system that is permanent; plus, its steel carafe retains the warmth of the coffee for about 120 minutes.
Its frother is usable for whatever temperature of milk, though it isn’t made to heat the milk. The frother folds to the machine’s side in a neat fashion when it is not being used. A come-with cleaning feature lets the machine stay clean by just pressing one button.
This choice would please you if coffee with milk or the variety in having just one coffee cup is your thing. Its noncomplex regulatory interface, together with its timer that can be programmed lets you enjoy so many varieties of coffee without having to purchase more than one maker.
- It can brew one cup.
- It has the pour/pause function.
- It has a timer that can be programmed for a whole day.
- It has a function that allows pausing the brewing process.
- It is a good frother of milk.
- It has the function of a calibrated altitude.
- Its largeness and height make it need a convenient space.
- It has less brewing regulatory options.
4. Breville BDC450BSS Precision Brewer
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
This thermal brewing machine is new to SCAA’s list of certified brewers. It is similar to its top-quality coffee machines in its load of desirable features.
The setting for cold brewing is precious, together with the regulatory temperature and its availability of manual operation. This drip coffee maker isn’t a mediocre one at all.
It has the biggest cup in SCAA’s list—about 12! These twelve can brew in about eight minutes as the grounds permit. It possesses six modes of presetting.
It is able to note when just one cup is brewing without a carafe; it then adjusts the settings of its flow to suit this. Though its carafe stays warm over that of the Cuisinart machine, it isn’t near Technivorm in terms of longevity.
Because its pump for water is like that of the espresso maker, it is noisier than the standard maker that drips. If you love to craft, Breville should be your preferred choice. It gives you a lot more than usual since it has a number of options for a drip that is regular.
- It can brew one cup.
- It can detect the size of a cup and then adjust its flow to suit it.
- Its temperature, time for bloom and rate of flow can be adjusted.
- It can brew cold coffee.
- There is the PID regulation of temperature.
- It can be cleaned easily.
- It is quite an expensive brewer certified by the SCAA.
- Its largeness and height need more space.
- Its pump for water is quite loud, in comparison with other standard makers that drip.
Best Coffee Maker Buying Guide: The FAQ
The Bonavita coffee maker suggests you use ten coffee grams per each water cup. Don’t forget that a cup equals five oz. This equals sixty coffee grams to a ratio of 0.91 water liter.
Its warranty is a year from its receipt date. Some products like the brewer of coffee have a warranty of two years.
How do you use an oxo barista brain?
You should press on the button for entering the menu for setting cups. Make a choice ranging from four to ten cups using the “dial” and then “press” buttons in order to begin brew. The heated water left in your kettle when the brewing is over is reusable for any hot tea or beverage.
How do you clean an oxo 9 cup coffee maker?
The OXO Brew 9 Cup coffee maker can be cleaned offing using a cloth that is damp, after which you wipe it dry. You should wash the carafe with your hands and gentle detergent; the basket for brewing too. After this, you should rinse out thoroughly. It isn’t safe to put your thermal-laced carafe in the dishwasher.
How do you describe a coffee machine?
You should use vinegar to decalcify once a month. Use water plus vinegar to fill up your reservoir, and then put a filter made of paper into your machine’s unfilled basket. Place you put well and let the made solution brew for a time. Put off your machine. Allow resting for half an hour.
What does descale mean?
It is a very important process of making your brewer clean. It removes deposits of calcium/scale that amass in the machine over a period of time. The deposits aren’t toxic but can reduce the performance of the machine if not attended to.
What happens if you don’t descale your coffee machine?
Scales of minerals build up and can affect the boiler of the machine negatively. This, in turn, affects your coffee quality in some ways. It can block the flow of water and then spoil the machine with time so that the coffee produced isn’t as hot as before anymore.
Do you want that quality coffee machine that drips? Bonavita and OXO are there for you. The best coffee maker is what you deserve and that is what this OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker vs Bonavita BV1900TS review has tried to open your eyes to.
The two products are approved by the SCAA and can thus be trusted for well-flavored, steaming coffee.
The OXO coffee maker review shows that it offers more convenience and good features for that cup of morning stimulation. However, a review of Bonavita has shown its uncomplicated nature and the pre-infusion option that gives you more control.
So, we’ve laid down the best options. The ball is now yours to score. Let us know about your choice. We would be happy to read your comments.
NOTE – you can find many other coffee maker reviews on our website – DinnersAndDreams. If you are buying for business use, check out the best commercial espresso machine comparison here.
Related: Best Coffee Machine Accessories For New Users
Related: The Ultimate Guide To Coffee Machine Maintenance