Flour is one of the most important ingredients for any baker or even cook and most recipes call for the flour to be sifted. And if you are a professional you know that no two sifters are the same. Some vary in the durability, some do not sift flour as finely as you might need.
Thus, to help you make a more informed buying decision, we covered the 10 best flour sifters for every need and budget so you get the most value for your money.
Best Flour Sifter for 2020
#1: OXO Good Grips 3 Cup Stainless Steel Flour Sifter
- Simply shake side to side for sifted flour or powdered sugar
- Comfortable handle
- Top and bottom lids keep Sifter and cupboards clean
- Top rack dishwasher safe
#1 on the list is the OXO good grip stainless steel flour sifter. This is one of the best selling brands available in the present market. This is a stainless steel flour sifter and this is a highly durable material.
The weight of this sifter is pretty light and it comes with a capacity of 3 cups. The handle of this flour sifter provides you a good grip, and hence you will be able to use it with ease. The usage of this flour sifter is very easy.
All you have to do is move the flour sifter side by side. This is dishwasher safe and hence you will be able to wash it in the dishwasher without any problem.
If you are looking for something easy to use and also with low maintenance, you can go for this OXO stainless steel flour sifter. It has both top and bottom lid, and hence the flour sifter will remain clean. Along with that, it is going to keep the cupboards also clean.
- It comes in a stainless steel body.
- The weight of the flour sifter is very low.
- It is dishwasher safe
- It comes with a good handle that gives you a good grip.
- It comes with top and bottom lids.
#2: Wilton Flour Sifter
- Flour sifter aerates flour and confectioners' sugar to eliminate lumps
- Removable handle allows for left or right-hand sifting; comfortable grip for easy lifting and holding
- Sifting lid prevents dust clouding while sifting and removable non-slip base protects mesh screen during storage
- Material: Plastic with metal sifter and screen
- Before first and after each use, hand wash in warm, soapy water: rinse and dry thoroughly with soft cloth
Next in the list, we have a flour sifter from Wilton. This is a good brand that you can trust as it is going to last for a long time. If you are looking for a flour sifter that needs less maintenance, then this Wilton Flour sifter is a perfect option. This is made of plastic material and it is a high-grade plastic.
Compared to many other similar style sifters, this is very popular due to the unique design. The handle of the sifter is very comfortable to handle and it is detachable as well. Whether you are left-handed or right-handed, you will be able to handle it in a better way.
The outer body of the flour sifter is made of plastic, but the internal parts of the sifter are made of highly durable metal and hence it is going to last for a long time. Its efficient and reliable design makes this model one of the best flour sifters available in the market.
It comes in good purple color and white combination. You can clean this flour sifter with warm water and mild detergent before every use and also after every use. Made sure to clean it with a soft cloth for drying.
- This is a plastic flour sifter
- The internal parts are made of metal
- The handle of this flour sifter can be detached
- It is easy to clean with soap and warm water.
#3: Norpro 3-Cup Stainless Steel Flour Sifter
- Quality stainless steel construction. Capacity: 3C/24oz
- Old fashioned, classic hand crank sifter. A simple design that functions beautifully! This is the kind of sifter your Grandma used!
- Includes a 2 wire agitator. No wasted flour!
- Volume markings on the inside and outside of the sifter!
- Easy to use! Add ingredients, turn the crank, and the result is a light, even, fine powder. Essential for cakes with a very light, delicate texture, like angel food cake and sponge cake. Also perfect for flouring your work surface or giving food a light dusting of powdered sugar!
If you are someone who loves those traditional hand crank sifters, then this is the one that you should be looking at. This Norpro stainless steel flour sifter is made of high-grade stainless steel that is durable. The design and look of this hand crank sifter are going to remind your grandmother.
The capacity of this hand crank sifter is three cups, and you will be able to use it very easily. If you are looking for a sifter for your home kitchen, then this is a good capacity to go for.
There will not be any waste of flour with this flour sifter as there are two wire agitators in this flour sifter. For measuring the flour in the right way, you have the measurement markings on both the sides of the flour sifter. This is definitely a good choice at a price.
- It is a stainless steel flour sifter.
- This is a traditional crank sifter
- It comes with two wire agitators
- It comes in 3 cup capacity
- The measurements are marked on two sides.
#4: Prepworks by Progressive Measuring Flour Sifter
- Rotary 3 cup flour sifter
- Measures both sifted and unsifted flour
- Sifted flour contained in a measuring cup
- Nests for compact storage; non-skid base
- Safe to use in the dishwasher
This is another good model of flour sifter that you can try. This flour sifter is from the Prepworks by Progressive brand. The design of this flour sifter is compact and perfect for home baking and cooking needs. You can make a number of dishes like puffs, cakes and much more.
Along with the beautiful design, the cleaning process of this flour sifter is also very simple. You just have to use some dishwasher gel and warm water for cleaning. If you still want it to be simple, then you can add it to your dishwasher as this flour sifter is totally dishwasher safe.
The base of this sifter comes with the anti-skid property and hence it is very good while using. There are markings of both sides of the sifter and that makes the process of measuring very simple.
You will now be able to add the perfect amount of flour to your dishes. If you are looking for some reliable and durable products, then this is one of the best flour sifters that is available in the market.
- It is perfect in shape and compact design.
- The cleaning process is quite simple for this sifter.
- It is dishwasher safe and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- It comes with an anti-skid base.
- There are marks on both sides for measuring the flour.
#5: Bellemain Stainless Steel 3 Cup Flour Sifter
- STRONG AND LIGHTWEIGHT SIFTER HOLDS A FULL 3 CUPS: Home baking just got easier. This sifter holds more flour or powdered sugar than most sifters made for home use. Measurements are stamped right into the metal and can easily be read from inside the sifter as well as outside.
- CLASSIC RELIABLE HAND CRANK AND SINGLE MESH: Professionals prefer crank-style sifters over hand squeeze sifter models because they can stand up to repeated use without tiring out your hand. Sifting is effortless and clean up is super simple - no multi-layers of mesh for ingredients to get stuck.
- THE DOUBLE LOOP AGITATOR LEAVES NOTHING BEHIND: Lumps of flour and sugar can get left behind to clog the mesh screens when using squeeze handle models, but the Bellemain Flour Sifter cranks smoothly, capturing everything. Works great with fine and coarse flours like almond meal and oat bran.
- EASY FOR BAKERS WITH ARTHRITIS TO USE: Squeeze handles are hard to work and require hand strength - which means they can wear you out quickly. But the Bellemain Sifter’s hand crank operates smoothly and effortlessly - lightweight flours and sugars practically sift themselves.
- RUST RESISTANT STAINLESS STEEL WILL EASILY LAST A GENERATION OR MORE: Stainless steel is lightweight, but stronger than aluminum or plastic - so you never need to worry about cracks, chips, dents and scratches. This is the sifter that you'll still be using in 20 years
Next in the list, we have another flour sifter from Epica. This is a Bellemain stainless steel flour sifter from Epica. This is made of stainless steel and hence it is lightweight and strong as well.
You will be able to measure three cups of flour or sugar in this flour sifter. If you love using those old crank sifters, then you are going to like this model for sure. It has a single mesh and filters the flour really well. You will be able to use this crank model flour sifter for a long time as they are durable and provide good results as well.
There will not be any lumps that can clog the mesh of the sifter as there are double loop or two-wire agitators. Squeeze handles are hard to use and hence you will find this stainless steel crank flour sifter very useful for you in your kitchen. The metal used in the making of this sifter is stainless steel and it is rust-resistant material.
- It is a stainless steel flour sifter
- It is a traditional crank-style sifter.
- It comes with double loop agitators.
- It measures three cups of flour.
- Stainless steel is rust-resistant.
#6: Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Hand Crank Flour Sifter
- Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Crank Flour Sifter for breaking up clumps and aerating flour, icing sugar, and other sifted baking ingredients
- Made from stainless steel with wood knob handle; sturdy, durable, and resists rust
- Fluffs powdered ingredients for lighter baked goods; helps blend in salt, baking soda, and baking powder, for an even consistency and better taste
- Quickly aerate all purpose flour, bread flour, cake flour, coconut flour, gluten free flour, and other finer dry ingredients, like confectioners sugar
- Breaks up lumps; easy to use; hand wash in warm, soapy water; dry thoroughly
Next in the list, we have a flour sifter from Mrs. Anderson’s Baking brand. This hand crank flour sifter is one of the best and old-style flour sifter. This is a 5 cup capacity crank flour sifter, but it is also available in many different sizes like 1 cup and 3 cups as well.
This flour sifter is using heavy stainless steel and the handle of this sifter comes with a wood knob. The weight of this sifter is very light. You can easily wash this sifter with soapy warm water and it is all clean. You need not have to worry much about the cleaning and maintenance of this crank flour sifter.
- It is made of stainless steel.
- The handles have a wood knob
- It is a 5 cup flour sifter.
- It comes in many different capacities.
- The same brand has a squeeze flour sifter as well.
#7: Cook N Home Stainless Steel 8-Cup Flour Sifter
- Made of sturdy stainless steel that is durable, lightweight, and looks great
- Fine stainless steel mesh screen and 4 wire agitators for sifting flour, sugar, etc.
- Hand crank handle is easy to use, prevents hand strain, and does not get stuck
- 8-cup capacity is ideal and large enough for most sifting/baking applications
- Hand wash and dry immediately; Has a 6 in. diameter, 7 in. height, and weighs 1 lb
Next in the list is another flour sifter from the Cook N Home brand. This Cook N Home brand stainless steel flour sifter is made of stainless steel. This metal is very light in weight but is highly durable. It comes in 8 comes capacity and this is one of the biggest sifters we have seen so far in our list of the best sifters.
It comes with stainless steel mesh and four-wire agitators. That means, there will not be any uncleared flour or wasted flour. The handle is very simple to use and does not cause any strain to the hand. It can be washed by hand with warm and soapy water. Just let it dry and it is ready to use again.
- It is a stainless steel flour sifter
- It comes in 8 cup capacity.
- It has a stainless steel mesh
- It has 4 wire agitators.
- It is simple to use
#8: Natizo Stainless Steel 3-Cup Flour Sifter
- IMPRESS YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS WITH CAKES THAT ARE FINER AND LIGHTER THAN EVER BEFORE. Get rid of annoying flour lumps, effectively mix your ingredients and increase the accuracy of your measurements to make irresistible cakes, cookies and pastry that everyone adores.
- ELIMINATE FLYING FLOUR IN YOUR KITCHEN AND FLOUR RINGS IN YOUR CUPBOARDS. You have better things to do than clean up flour from every corner of your kitchen (and yourself). That's why we've created a lid to stop flour flying out the top of the sifter when you're using it and a unique bottom cover to keep your cupboards clean during storage.
- FAST AND EASY TO USE AND CLEAN. Flour, icing sugar, baking powder, cocoa and your other powdered ingredients quickly pass through the fine mesh with an easy turn of the handle thanks to the classic crank design and the 2 wire agitator. To clean up, simply wipe down the sifter and when it's dry snap on the lids. Makes sifting easier than ever.
- BUILT TO LAST. The entire sifter including the hand crank, agitator and mesh are made from resilient, long-lasting, rust-resistant stainless steel.
- 100% LIFETIME SATISFACTION WARRANTY. We're sure you'll love your new flour sifter, but if you aren’t happy with it, at any time, simply let us know and we’ll promptly send you a full refund. No hassle and absolutely no risk on your part.
Next, we have a flour sifter from Natizo. This is a stainless steel flour sifter and good to use at home. It comes in 3 cup capacity and makes it easy for you to measure the flour and other dry ingredients in the sifter. It has 2 wire agitators and hence there is no wasted flour in the kitchen.
There is a wooden knob to the handle of the sifter and you can handle it easily. You also have top and bottom lids that are made of plastic. This makes sure that the sifter remains clean and also the cupboard where you are storing the flour sifter.
- The flour sifter is made of stainless steel.
- It has 2 wire agitators.
- The handle has a wooden knob
- It comes with top and bottom lids
#9: Chef Giant 5 Cup Flour Sifter
- VERSATILE: This ChefGiant Hand Crank Flour Sifter will break up clumps and aerate flour, sugar, and other baking ingredients to give your baked goods a light and fluffy texture. Just add ingredients, turn the crank, and the result is a light, even, fine powder! Essential for cakes with a very light, delicate texture. Also perfect for flouring your work surface or giving food a light dusting of powdered sugar.
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION: This baking flour sifter is made of premium corrosion resistant stainless steel with a highly polished body. Unlike plastic and wood, stainless steel does not absorb bacteria or smells ensuring everlasting lifespan. The beater is chrome plated with wire reinforcement on the bottom.
- ROTARY HAND CRANK DESIGN: Squeeze handles are hard to work with and require strength, which means they can wear you out quickly. This flour sifters rotary hand crank design operates smoothly and effortlessly, it can stand up to repeated use without tiring out your hand.
- FINE MESH SIFTER: The 16 fine mesh screen has a smaller weave and holes for sifting finer ingredients. It will make the flour easier to incorporate and result in a lighter, more consistent product. It will also remove any unwanted lumps to create a final professional-tasting product every time.
- COMPACT 5 CUP SIFTER: Capable of holding up to 5 cups of flour, this flour sifter will save you time during busy times in your bakery or home kitchen. The 4-1/2” diameter x 6” high size is space-saving, while still allowing for high volume use.
Next in the list is Chef Giant flour sifter. This is another popular brand that you can consider when you are buying the flour sifter. The capacity of this flour sifter is 5 cups, and it is a good capacity.
If you do not want to keep using the sifter again and again for a single cooking or baking process, then it is always good to go for a bigger one and this one is a good choice.
This is a traditional hand crank sifter and hence you will be able to get better results while using this crank sifter. The construction of this sifter is done using stainless steel metal and this is a highly durable material.
The mesh of this crank has small holes and hence you will be able to get fine flour when you are done with the sifting process. Any kind of lumps in the flour will be easily removed with the help of this mesh.
Things we liked:
- It is a stainless steel body.
- It is an old-style crank sifter
- It comes with a capacity of 5 cups.
- The mesh has smaller holes for finer results.
#10: MaMix Stainless Steel Hand Crank Flour Sifter
- SIMPLE TOOL STRONG EFFECT -Rust-resistant stainess steel flour sifter for icing sugar, baking powder, cocoa or dusting surfaces for rolling pastry.Measurements are stamped both inside and outside of the sifter,easy to read.
- STAINLESS STEEL & FINE MESH - Durable stainless-steel construction,lightweight but strong.MaMix hand crank sifter with 2 wire agitator and stainless steel mesh screen,sifting is effortless and simple.when you turn the crank,the reasult is quickly sifts flour,allowing for light,delicate pastries and cake.
- CUTE COLOR & PREFECT SIZE - The classic crank design meet the fashion green color,A simple design that functions beautifully! 3 cup size is ideal for most sifting jobs.why not to share this finer sifter with your friends?
- SMOOTHLY HAND CRANK & EASY TO USE - Compared to hand squeeze sifter models,crank-style sifters using more smoothly and capturing.because your hand have to give strong strength to squeeze handles when working,especially tired of squeezing not a short time.Then you will find out that the lumps of flour and sugar can get left behind to clog the mesh screens when using squeeze handle models.
- EASY TO CLEAN & WARRANTY - Hand wash in warm with a brush or a cloth, soapy water,dry thoroughly.If you are not completely satisfied with our flour sifters , we will replace them or refund your money 100%.
Last, in the list of the best flour sifters, we have a MaMix Stainless steel hand crank flour sifter. For traditional sifter lovers, this is going to be an amazing option.
The flour sifter is made of stainless steel, but it comes in a very attractive blue color. This is one of the best things about this sifter as none of the stainless steel sifters come in colors.
The design of this flour sifter is very simple, but it is going to give you some amazing results when you use it. The fine mesh of this sifter is going to make sure that there are no lumps in the flour after it is filtered.
The flour is very fine and helps you make just perfect food. It comes with a capacity of three cups and there are two wire agitators in the sifter.
The cleaning and maintenance of this sifter are very simple. All you need is warm water and soap for cleaning. You also get a replacement or refund for this product if you are not happy with the product.
- It is made of stainless steel metal.
- It comes in a cute blue color.
- There is a fine mesh for the sifter.
- The capacity of the sifter is 3 cups.
- It comes with 2 wire agitators.
- It comes with a 100 percent refund if you are not happy with the product.
Best Flour Sifter Buyer’s Guide
Just like we have already mentioned, there are a number of flour sifter brands in the market and they make a number of different models. This can be a bit confusing for everyone when choosing a sifter for the first time.
You don’t have to worry at all as we have made the list of important things to keep in mind while buying a flour sifter. This will not just save you some time, but will also help you in investing in the right product.
Electric sifter or manual flour sifter
There are basically two types of flour sifters available in the market. One is an electric flour sifter and the other one is the manual flour sifter. Electric one can save you some time and effort that you need to put in.
But manual ones are also good. In fact, they are all-time favorite sifters for many people. There are no specific pros and cons of each of them, so you can choose any one as per your choice.
You need not have to worry about the cord length of the electric sifter as they do not come with a cord, rather they operate with battery only.
Squeeze or crank flour sifter
Those who are going for an electric sifter, they need not have to worry, but those who are choosing the manual sifters, you again have two different options. You have the squeeze sifter and crank sifter.
In a squeeze sifter, you are going to move the flour through a mesh and that is done with the help of a handle or a lid. In a crank sifter, you need a hand crank. So, if you are having any problem with your hands, then you can go for squeeze sifter, else crank is also a good choice.
This is one of the very important factors to keep in mind when you are choosing a flour sifter. You will be able to find sifters from 3 cup capacity to 8 cups.
You should make a choice based on your needs. If you are not sure which one to choose, then it is good to go for a sifter that comes with higher capacity as you can use it for any quantity of flour.
The material is very important as the material can get rusted or get damaged after a few uses. You will be able to find flour sifter made of many different materials like aluminum, plastic and also stainless steel.
One of the best and most popular options available in the market is the stainless steel. This material lasts for a long time, it is rust free and one of the strongest materials as well. This is light in weight and dishwasher safe as well.
The design of the flour sifter is another important factor to keep in mind. You will have to make sure that the handle of the sifter is built well. You should be able to hold the handle pretty well. If the grip is a problem, then you will not be able to hold it well.
The reviews from real users can be very helpful in making the right choice when you are really confused. You can check out some of the best websites available online and you will be able to find the best sifter. Just compare a few good ones and that is when you will be able to find what you actually need.
The last thing to check is the price of the flour sifter. In order to get the best one home, you may have to spend a little high. But expensive ones do not always guarantee you the best results. So, check out the product details and then price before you buy it.
Buying just any flour sifter will not complete your kitchen or you will not be able to make the best food. You will have to make sure that you are buying the best one for the money that you are spending.
You need not have to spend on a flour sifter too frequently if you can choose a good one and they are not very expensive as well. So, read this article carefully and make the right choice that can be helpful in your kitchen.