Making amazing pizzas requires the right kind of equipment to help you yield scrumptious pizzeria-like crusts with tidy and intact melted toppings.
Like humans, meals are judged based on how appealing they look. To ensure perfect pizzas every time at your home or business, you must have the best pizza peel to make loading and unloading the oven effortless without altering how the pizzas look.
This review introduces you to some value-for-money pizza peels in 2021.
Prime Day Deals for Pizza Peels
Best Pizza Peels Reviewed
1. American Metalcraft Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle
For someone who prefers metal pizza peels due to their durability, sterility, and longevity, the American Metalcraft Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle is a perfect choice.
It has been constructed using the highest quality metal that keeps the blade lightweight but strong without having to increase the bulk of aluminum.
- Easily slide out pizzas with 14-gauge aluminum blade
- 12" wooden handle offers comfortable grip and ensures safety
- Durable 14" x 16" aluminum blade is perfect for making large-sized pizzas
- Lightweight construction for easy to use and cleaning
- Create a more rustic and authentic presentation for serving
The American Metalcraft Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle has been reviewed by its domestic and commercial customers to be hands-down the best pizza peel for the affordable price it can be bought at.
Loading and unloading have simplified all thanks to its natural-feel detachable wooden handles that come in different lengths to go with all kinds of ovens.
The aluminum used to make the blade makes it resistant to attack by microbes and increases its life by many years all while keeping its weight as light as 1.4 pounds.
The features that make it a top-notch peel are:
High-grade aluminum for durability:
The 12” x 14” blade has been stretched out into a thin spatula-like blade using rigorously tested aluminum that is resistant to corrosion and can withstand high oven temperatures.
A simple sprinkling of flour before the dough placement makes it virtually non-stick so that you can easily slide the pizza with its delicious toppings impeccably intact on to your favorite serving dish.
Use it in the busiest of kitchens without having to worry about scratches and breakage of the blade as it is considerably durable and has lasted many years in some of the world’s busiest pizzerias.
Multiple handle lengths
While the spatula might not allow you to bake pizzas larger than 12 inches, you can still pair up this incredible peel with almost every pizza oven as it comes with four different handle dimensions, each one priced differently. The options include:
- 12 inches
- 21 inches
- 38 inches
- 50 inches
Provided that you follow the pre-baking instructions carefully, you will never have to worry about resistant dough getting stuck on to the blade surface or hardy stains.
Once you are done baking, simply wipe the surface off with a clean cloth and hand-wash this peel with a non-abrading soap and water to have it ready-to-go again.
The manufacturers take pride in providing customers with good quality baking items for the past 7 decades and have kept themselves abreast of the needs of the contemporary bakers.
To reduce the strain put on the wrist during peel usage and to allow for a single-handed operation without rendering the handle broken, the handle of this peel is secured using the company’s triple-riveted mechanism at the junction of the blade and the handle. It can tolerate all kinds of maneuvering within the oven and outside without tiring the operator or getting damaged.
You can also use it to bake pastries, hold cakes or for making bread at home.
2. Heritage Acacia Wood Pizza Peel
All-wood best pizza peels never go out of style and are the oldest ones of their kind. The major advantage of having a wooden peel is that it is completely natural without emitting any harmful fumes during use and that it is least likely to adhere to the base of the pizza. This and more is promised by the Heritage Acacia Wood Pizza Peel.
- Our stylish pizza paddle is hewn from beautiful acacia wood & sanded to a luxuriously smooth finish
- Crafted with an ergonomic tapered edge, our pizza board helps scoop pizza out of the oven with ease
- With a long handle to fit both hands, this pizza peel offers easy manoeuvrability & seamless serving
- Our 22"x14" pizza boards are ideal for a home-made 12", thick enough not to warp & slimline to scoop
- This durable wooden pizza board makes an attractive and essential accoutrement for any food lover
The worst thing that can happen to your pizza is it getting stuck to the surface of the peel right when you bring it out of the oven after hours of labor.
Bid this nightmare farewell as the Heritage Acacia Wood Pizza Peel is at your service. It is made using the highest quality acacia wood that is responsible for its attractive appearance and also for the safety of your meticulously crafted pizza dough and mouthwatering toppings.
Furthermore, this pizza peel offers:
Strong beveled edges
Nothing frustrates a baker more than a peel that bulldozes the pizza instead of slipping right between the crust and the stone for the perfect unloading. At its thinnest, the edge is beveled to 1/8 inch thickness that increases closer to the edge.
This tapered corner allows you to easily glide the peel beneath the crust without ruining it. The increasing thickness towards the handle increases its strength in the external areas to add durability to its design.
The wooden handle feels as if it has been tailored to your working hand’s grip. Thinned out in the area that houses the inside of your hand and is thicker at the outer edge increases the surety of your grasp around it to minimize any loading, unloading and rotating accidents.
Its wood requires very little preparation before loading as it is virtually non-stick. A scarce amount of cornmeal needs to be spread on its surface to make the process more foolproof.
Customers and experts have been using it for several years without any complaints of dough adhesion otherwise frequent with pizza peels.
The natural acacia-wood not only bestows the peel with the right amount of strength without an increase in weight but also gives it an attractive appearance so that you can do away with your spare serving dishes and simply use this peel to leave your pizza party guests startled by its appeal. You can also hang it in your kitchen as it is good enough to be a culinary ornament.
Excellent customer support and guidance:
The company has ensured a seamless and real-time correspondence to address all clientele queries. The peel is accompanied by realistic durability claims and instructions that might increase its utility and life.
3. Kitchen Supply Aluminum foldable Pizza Peel
If you are delving for the best pizza peel that can travel with you and not take up too much storage capacity in your kitchen, then you’ve hit jackpot as the Kitchen Supply Aluminum foldable Pizza Peel does exactly that for you.
Combining the durability of top quality aluminum with the comfort of an easy-grip wooden swivel handle, this peel promises excellent pizzas every time.
- Safely place pizza far back in the hottest section of the oven
- Can also be used with bread, pastries or vegetables
- Swivel handle breaks peel down for easier storage
- Heavy-duty, long-lasting aluminum
- Dimensions: Carrying surface measures 12 x 14-inches
Portability is one of the most desirable traits of culinary essentials. Especially with the advent of affordable outdoor pizza ovens, you can make pizzas even on your camping sites and picnics.
This means that you need to have a similarly compact Kitchen Supply Aluminum foldable Peel for your next outdoor pizza party. Following are some of the characteristics that make this peel stand out from the rest:
Large and portable
It is generally agreed that a pizza peel should be large enough to make at least 10 to 12 inches pizza and fit in a standard oven.
To maintain this size of the blade and still offer ease of storage, the Kitchen Supply Aluminum foldable Pizza Peel comes with a wooden handle that can swivel in to save space.
It is easy to carry and can make at least 14” pizzas. There are other sizes of blades available for different prices; the largest one being 16”.
This foldable pizza peel has a flat and thin blade that will last decades of regular use without breaking or harboring microorganisms due to the heavy-duty aluminum construction.
This material is also responsible for its light-weight yet robust design. Despite having a thickness of mere 2.5”, it can resist high temperatures without warping or fracturing.
The wooden foldable handle is long enough to allow its use with traditional pizza kilns. You can shove the dough right into the hottest part of the ovens without any danger of burns or blisters. The wood feels completely natural and aids in grasping due to its comfortable texture.
Kitchen Supply Aluminum foldable Pizza Peel’s aluminum blade is amenable to cleaning with a damp cloth and mild detergent. The surface of the peel is non-porous and maintains its sterility over long periods so that not only are your pizzas delicious but also nutritious.
Its use is not limited to loading, unloading and rotating pizzas in the oven. You can make pastries, heat vegetables and reheat other bakery items using it.
4. SPLENDR Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel with Foldable Wood Handle
The 4th entry on our list is the SPLENDR Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel. It is made up of a 14” large and thin aluminum blade that comes with a foldable oak-wood handle that in turn has a small leather cord to allow you to hang it to dry or simply ornate the inside of your kitchen.
- ⭐ Great For Homemade Pizza Enthusiasts - We have designed our product to make preparing pizza so easy that makes it great for both experienced cooks and novices alike. Unlock the inner Chef in you and impress your friends with the best homemade pizza!
- ⭐ Amazing Gift - Our stylish packing box makes this pizza peel an amazing gift for any occasion. Surprise your loved ones with an attractive present!
- ⭐ Easy Storage - Foldable design for extremely easy storage, it can fit any kitchen hassle free. Compatible with Uuni 3, most commercial pizza ovens and accessories, Pizzeria Pronto, Green Egg, Mastercraft!
- ⭐ High Durability And Easy Cleaning: Unlike pure wood peels, which are hard to clean, maintain and should be dried very well(otherwise mold, fungus and bacteria will grow on it), our product comes with a commercial grade aluminum paddle which is so easy to clean by hand. This product is made only with top quality and highly durable materials - food grade aluminum details, all-natural oak wood handle and leather cord.
- ⭐ 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – At SPLENDR we design all our products to be of world-class quality and we don’t make any compromises about this. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase drop us an email and we will refund 100% of your purchase. Order Now!
This pizza peel is the product of the marriage of user-friendliness and versatility. One of the most notable aspects of this peel is that it is manufactured by bearing in mind the needs of different kinds of customers. Hence, it has been tested to work perfectly with all large and small pizza ovens with zero compatibility issues.
Other characteristics that make it a good pick are:
Foldable extra-long handle
As already stated, this peel is so good that it works with almost every oven, even the conventional brick-kilns because of its foldable handle that can be extended to give you a working length of about 25 inches!
This might sound hectic to carry but it is not. With the fulcrum of this long oak-wood handle being secured in the middle of the aluminum blade, you can rotate it till the peel is only 14 inches of aluminum to carry and/or store. You can even turn the handle to use it sideways.
Food-grade aluminum for tasty and healthy pizzas
The 14inch large blade can make family size pizzas for your home or pizza business very easily. The aluminum that is used to build it has been approved by the food authorities to be safe even at high temperatures.
Unlike wooden peels, the SPLENDR Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel is very easy to clean and lacks the minute porosities that are a haven for various microorganisms. The material is durable and can resist harsh kitchen conditions overtime without getting damaged.
Cleaning the SPLENDR Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel needs a clean cloth, mild soap and water and a few extra minutes to dry.
The product weighs only 1.8 pounds. This makes carrying it and using it very easy for its operators.
Complete money refund
The company is sure about its products and offers 24/7 customer service to address any problem that may arise. However, if the peel doesn’t fulfill your expectations, you can get a 100 percent refund.
5. Epicurean Pizza Peel
Many people aren’t a big fan of manual washing and that is what makes Epicurean Pizza Peel the best pizza peel for them. This natural all-wood pizza peel serves more than one purpose and rids you from the worries of cleaning up the after-party mess. Simply, put the peel in the dishwasher and forget all about it!
- Reversible pizza peel features a beveled front edge, natural color; measures 21-Inch by 14-inch; 3/16 inch thicknes
- Modified natural material is lightweight, durable, nonporous, knife friendly and dishwasher safe, and easy to maintain; NSF certified, allowing for use in commercial kitchen
- Prep, cut and serve on peel surface; won't crack or warp; helps scoop pizza from the oven
- Made in USA from trees harvested under the guidelines of the North America sustainable Forestry standards
- Temperature resistant to 350 Degree F/175 Degree C; built-in hole makes it easy to grab, use and store
Most wooden pizza peels aren’t the first choice because of the inherent porosities on their surface and the rising concerns about deforestation attributed to them.
This is not the case with the Epicurean Pizza Peel as it is manufactured using legal sources of wood as per the guidelines of the US department of forestry.
Besides, it is more health-friendly than its competitors as it has been certified to be safe by the National Sanitary Foundation. The following features make it worth your money:
Safe and healthy raw materials
It is made in the USA in an environmentally-responsible manufacturing facility that ensures no harm to the environment while providing the best wooden pizza peels to its customers.
Other than that, the wood used to construct it has been tested meticulously to be free from porosities and resistant to fungal attacks. It can easily tolerate temperatures as high as 350F without giving off harmful emissions or getting structurally damaged.
Large surface with tapered edges
This peel makes pizzas as large as 14 inches owing to its large double-sided, non-stick surfaces that measure around 21.5-Inch by 14-inch.
The wood is thick enough to add bulk for strength; the beveled edges, on the other hand, allow it to slide easily beneath the cooked crust to help you unload pizzas without disturbing the toppings.
Different handle options
Customers can choose from either a basic wooden handle that is continuous with the blade or a riveted brass handle that offers a better grasp. In both cases, operator comfort has been prioritized as the handles allow an easy hold and reliable grip during all pizza baking maneuvers.
The excellent quality wood and sensible design permit you to place the peel in your dishwasher to take care of the cleaning process for you.
Epicurean Pizza Peel’s hard surface makes it a good cutting board unlike other peels that damage knives or end up bearing scratches themselves. You can even use this peel to heat vegetables or hold a BBQ.
Best Pizza Peel Buyer’s Guide
Pizza peels are mostly either made up of durable aluminum, wood or a combination of both. Depending upon the sanitary conditions and your cleaning methods, you might prefer using the all-metal peels as they are easier to clean and are relatively less prone to harboring microbes.
However, all-wood peels despite being heavier and less durable are less likely to inflict you with thermal injuries if you are new to pizza making.
The most common determinants of this feature would be the size of the pizzas you wish to make frequently and the size of your oven. Most standard peels are at least 14 inches to fit in the commonly used ovens and to give at least 12-inch pizza. If you run a business and efficiency is important, considering larger peels might be prudent.
As you have already noticed, many of the peels can only be washed by hands and that too very carefully. Wooden peels, particularly, can have their life reduced due to prolonged soaking and using abrasive cleansers. If you prefer using the dishwasher, opting for the peels that are dishwasher friendly might be a better choice for you.
Choosing peels with foldable wooden handles will keep burns at bay and increase safety in the kitchen. Preferably, go for handles that are riveted into the blade to allow for easy repair and longevity.
Best Pizza Peel FAQs
Q1: How can I prevent the dough from sticking to the pizza peel?
- Prefer to cover the peel with cornmeal, flour or other recommended seasoning besides oil before placing the dough on the peel.
- Don’t knead or manipulate the dough on the peel; prepare it beforehand.
- Keep moving the peel under the dough at regular intervals.
Q2: Can I cut my pizza on the peel?
Wooden pizza peels might have their surface coating removed if subjected to sharp knives. Metal peels may also get scratches. Always read the instruction manual before using any sharp or abrasives as not all peels work with knives.
Q3: How can I increase the life of my wooden peel?
- Follow the manual carefully
- Do not use any abrasive cleanser to wash it
- Avoid prolonged soaking
- Always spray the top of the wooden peel with oil to fill in the pores
- Dry the peel before use
- Do not let it stay inside the oven for long
In our opinion, the SPLENDR Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel with Foldable Wood Handle is easily the top peel because:
- It has a modest price.
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction makes it durable and easy-to-clean
- It is light-weight (only 1.8 pounds!) and hence, easier to use
- It has a foldable wooden handle that doesn’t get hot and prevents injuries
- It is portable
By making it dishwasher-friendly, the company can stay ahead of its competitors. If you want to clean the peel in the dishwasher and want to enjoy the same features, then you might prefer the Epicurean Pizza Peel